PDA

View Full Version : AQh consecutively

stigmata
09-16-2004, 05:32 AM
Got dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif twice, with one hand between.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 4c 5h (two pair, fives and fours).
MP1 has Kd 3c (straight, seven high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 19.25 BB. </font>

I think I held on to this too long (fold after being raised on the turn?). At what point would you have folded? It was my first hand, and for some reason I allways seem to mis-play towards the start of a session - partly this is due to having no reads on any players.

In the next hand I tangle with two of the same players again, rotated two seats.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 27.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 8c 8s (two pair, nines and eights).
UTG+1 has Qs Qd (two pair, queens and nines).
Hero has Qh Ah (flush, ace high).
Button has Th Tc (two pair, tens and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 27.25 BB. </font>

I think this hand was standard stuff. However, should I have capped the river? I was scared of a full house, although this seems highly unlikely as everybody else betted pre-flop.

cab4656
09-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Hand 1 is fine. You can't fold the turn here, because if you are beat, you probably still have outs to catch up. It's unlikely you're up against a straight already. But when the four-straight is on the board and it's two bets to you, good fold.

On hand two, I always 3-bet preflop with AQs.

On the flop, you have a big draw, so raise this. The pot is huge, so don't worry at all about "losing customers." Also, you might be able to clean up your overcard outs - like maybe someone with AK will give it up when it's two bets to him.

Cap the river. I doubt UTG+1 was raising preflop with a hand that contained a 9 or a 3. I guess 99 is a possibility, but that's not going to happen very often. Cap it.

zuluking
09-16-2004, 10:15 AM
You gotta love PP. Hand #1 the BB "protects" his BB by calling a p/f raise with K3 offsuit. Gotta love it!

stigmata
09-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Thanks, good reply. Its allways nice when somebody helps you see something in a slightly different way.

PokerBob
09-16-2004, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, should I have capped the river? I was scared of a full house, although this seems highly unlikely as everybody else betted pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just watched a retard with K3o chase to the river. How can you RAISE the river on that doubled paired board, much less even consider capping?

crockett
09-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Hand #1 I do the same.

Hand #2. I raise the flop. River: No cap for me on a double paired board but this might be too tight.

I'll usually cold call 2 with AQs this far up front, but if I'm late with a bunch (4-6) coming I'll 3-bet AQs, from the blinds I'll just cold call 2 as well. How do others do it?

Quercus
09-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Hand 1 looks good.
Hand 2 - raise the flop.