PDA

View Full Version : what should I have done?

01-29-2002, 03:33 AM
I play in a club where everyone is friendly and people get along. anyway, the 10-20 game is going strong, let me describle to two of the characters.

one is a very serious player who is one of maybe 2 or 3 players in the club who don't chop. he plays in a lot of tournaments, and I think he makes most of his income from playing poker (which can't be very much because other than a pot limit that is spread 2 times a week the biggest game in our club is 10-20. anyhow, he isn't very friendly and is perceived as a rock.

the other is an action player (AC) who showes up every other week and blows off 500-1000 in the 10-20. he likes to go to the river with anything and is semi-manical. he straddles a lot and is great for the game.

So tonight AC wins a bunch of his first few hands and has 800 in front of him. well he leaves the table to go smoke, he was sitting in the 10 seat. the dealer knocks some of his chips on the floor while dealing a hand (which everyone can see) and after the hand picks them up and places then back in AC's stacks. well i glance under the table to see if he's missed any and there one is right in the middle. well i see Rock's foot go on top of it and pull it towards him. I figured Rock was going to put in back on AC's stack. well he picks it up and then descretely puts in on one of his stacks, he also glances under the table to see if there are any others. AC comes back and doens't notice anything is wrong and I don't think anyone else saw anything.

Well i didn't want to say anything becuause i don't want to accuse someone of stealing at the table in front of everyone. Also, I think AC is 'connected' and i don't want any trouble at the club or something bad to happend to Rock (even though I don't like him and now i've seen he's scum), i've seen the sapranos. Also, it was only $5 but still, it's stealing. What should I have done about the situation? Is there anything i should do going forward? Also, Rock tries other angle plays. Like not putting up his small blind until the dealer has asked 5 times. I think he may have gotten away with folding and not paying it in the past.

01-29-2002, 03:42 AM
Unless it's something that would show up on the camera you should probably keep it to yourself.AC can't care too much about a $5 chip and the rock would just raise a fuss denying it all.

Now you know how low the rock will stoop for a small amount of $$ so now you know to keep an eye on the low life prick!!

01-29-2002, 06:30 AM
I woulda said "Oh, let me get that one for you." This would look innocent to everybody else, as you're just trying to save the guy the reach down, and he'd get the message loud and clear. Of course, this would only work if you were close to the perpetrator, and would require you to know before hand that he intended to steal the chip.

-MD

01-29-2002, 01:35 PM
As much as I hate this, it's none of your business. Record the information for personal use.

If the dealer, on the other hand, were to have been involved in some way, then it IS your business.

But it seems his errors were carelessness and then more carelessness.

There's something new, huh?