PDA

View Full Version : $15 Stars Turbo KK in the BB

Burno
09-16-2004, 01:27 AM
Stars $15 Turbo

8 remain, button and UTG have around 1500. Hero barely has them covered. No reads. Blinds are 15/30

Hero is dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG limps, folded to the button who calls, SB folds. Hero raises to 180. UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop ($555) A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets $450, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero?

chill888
09-16-2004, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stars $15 Turbo

8 remain, button and UTG have around 1500. Hero barely has them covered. No reads. Blinds are 15/30

Hero is dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG limps, folded to the button who calls, SB folds. Hero raises to 180. UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop ($555) A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets $450, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

... curses himself for over betting post flop. No need to wreck a healthy stack so early in the game.

After your big bet preflop, most people will fold to even a small postflop bet if they don't have the ace. I'd make a smaller bet (no bigger than 180, my preflop raise) and then give up if called or raised and wait for next two cards.

But since you bet so much and were called what should you do now?

1: If you bet a smaller amount, an observant player may come OTT.
2. If you bet a large amount you have a good chance of going broke for no good reason. this guy has already called two big bets.
3. Check and cut your losses. Yes there is a good chance you are ahead, but there is a very good chance you are behind. Gamble too much in these situations in early and mid game and you will go broke far too often. I don't want to gamble survival on the chance I'm playing against a fool.

The blinds are only 15 / 30 - patience. KK is a great hand preflop. But it aint that great with an ace on the board and an opponent that has already put in a pile of chips TWICE.

gl