PDA

View Full Version : Among other questions...do I need to show this down?

ewile
09-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Pre flop: fine
Flop: should have capped it?
Turn: Should have raised?
River: Need to show it down?

This hand makes me sick!

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (16.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, won by MP1.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP1.</font>

Redeye
09-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Don't take my advice too seriously, I'm just trying to become more involved in the forum to learn. That being said, I think I would've capped the flop, BB could be pumping a flush draw. If he's not and has some kind of crappy two pair, your cap could force others out of the pot giving you the best chance to win if you can counterfit a possible two pair.

On the turn, if I capped and BB still led into me I would proceed to call it down. If he checked, I wouldve bet.

On the river: I have no idea what MP1 could be raising that he didn't raise with on the turn. What hand would he have stayed in to the turn with that contains a queen? QJ? AQ is unlikely since he didn't raise preflop. QJ seems unlikely because he didn't pop the turn. Is it possible MP1 is raising here with something like AJ to force you out of the pot? Either way this is a tough call, and I'm not sure what to do here.

Edit: Oops, Never mind on forcing people out with a flop cap, didn't look closely enough at the hand history to see that everyone is pretty much trapped. I think I still cap though

MAxx
09-16-2004, 12:44 AM
I cap flop, and pop turn. If my turn raise gets popped back, I call and see the riva.