PDA

View Full Version : 100% bad luck on this hand?

diablo
09-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Anything else you would have done differently? I was pretty pissed that I lost to that river flush...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (23 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 8s 6h (straight, ten high).
UTG has 3s 6s (flush, ten high).
SB has 8c 8d (one pair, eights).
Outcome: UTG wins 29 BB. </font>

atomicbran
09-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Think of it as only losing 8 dollars. Also think about keeping a 300 BB bankroll. And not playing poker, because you're 15 years old.

Corkscrew
09-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Well, if it helps any (probably not), at least you lost to someone who had a legitimate hand to start with, instead of some maniac who re-raised you repeatedly on a draw. You both had made hands, and he just drew out to a better one.

I think you played the hand correctly on every betting round, including backing off on the river when the possible flush hit. Just crappy luck.

AncientPC
09-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Bad luck.

cab4656
09-15-2004, 11:43 PM
I think you should just raise the flop on your first opportunity. Of course it wouldn't have helped you in this situation, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Corkscrew
09-15-2004, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should just raise the flop on your first opportunity. Of course it wouldn't have helped you in this situation, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops! Somehow, I missed that initial call on the flop before the 3-bet. In that case, I agree. Raise, re-raise, and cap the flop if necessary. You have the nuts at the moment, so play it that way.

Like he said, in this particular instance, it wouldn't have helped, but the vast majority of the time you're not going to be up against another made straight with a backdoor flush draw on top of it.

frank_iii
09-16-2004, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if it helps any (probably not), at least you lost to someone who had a legitimate hand to start with, instead of some maniac who re-raised you repeatedly on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You usually play 63s UTG? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

scotnt73
09-16-2004, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if it helps any (probably not), at least you lost to someone who had a legitimate hand to start with, instead of some maniac who re-raised you repeatedly on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

utg had just sat down(poster) so it didnt cost him anything more to see the flop /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PokerBob
09-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Perfect execution, bad result.

frank_iii
09-16-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

utg had just sat down(poster) so it didnt cost him anything more to see the flop /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You post when you're seated UTG? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

scotnt73
09-16-2004, 11:59 AM
lol. no, i would not.

Quercus
09-16-2004, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You post when you're seated UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

YESYESYESMUSTPLAYRIGHTNOW!!~!!!

OMGMUSTPLAYBEFOREWIFEWAKESANDIHAVETOMOWTHELAWN