PDA

View Full Version : It's just been one of those days... (AQs, MP1)

Corkscrew
09-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Things have been going such today that I'm starting to second guess everything I do. I'm pretty sure there wasn't much else I could've done here, aside from fold the river.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.75 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font>

sluttysteve
09-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Looks perfect... keep at it.

zuluking
09-15-2004, 10:03 PM
You played it correctly. What's the problem?

Corkscrew
09-15-2004, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You played it correctly. What's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem would require me to vent and rant, which I don't want to put you guys through. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm just getting beat repeatedly on hands like these, and it's taking its toll.

Luckily, I'm relatively tilt-proof (not playing stupid hands), but still, when the hits keep on coming, it makes you second guess even the most elementary, mind-bogglingly obvious plays.

zuluking
09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Always keep in mind that the fish aren't winning money from you. You're just letting them "borrow" it for a little while. They pay you back in spades eventually....but you know that.

Corkscrew
09-15-2004, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Always keep in mind that the fish aren't winning money from you. You're just letting them "borrow" it for a little while. They pay you back in spades eventually....but you know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, but at this point, I should be charging some pretty major juice on these "loans". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quercus
09-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Never assume that its a bad run of cards.

Dig out some hands that are trickier than this one - see if you've got some leaks that are bleeding off bets.

Corkscrew
09-15-2004, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never assume that its a bad run of cards.

Dig out some hands that are trickier than this one - see if you've got some leaks that are bleeding off bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all truth, it's just cold cards right now. Honestly, blinds have probably taken away as much as actual betting the last 3-4 sessions.

I can't really find anything wrong with my plays. I'm folding correctly when flops miss completely, making almost 100% +EV moves, being always mindful of pot equity... and just getting sucked out. The few wins I've had just haven't been enough to cover blinds and getting nickled and dimed.

On the plus side, walking away for a bit helped. I might give it another go before calling it a night; I mean, I have just as good a chance to start hitting decent cards as any other time.