PDA

View Full Version : How much better would the final table have been if..

slickpoppa
09-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Luske and Murphy had been there with decent sized stacks? I think that this would have completely changed the dynamic of the final table. Even if Raymer had the same big stack, I think it would have been much more difficult for him to run over the table if he had three agressive players keeping him honest rather than just one. From what I hear Arieh was the only player making any kind of moves against Raymer. It's a damn shame.

BobboFitos
09-16-2004, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Luske and Murphy had been there with decent sized stacks? I think that this would have completely changed the dynamic of the final table. Even if Raymer had the same big stack, I think it would have been much more difficult for him to run over the table if he had three agressive players keeping him honest rather than just one. From what I hear Arieh was the only player making any kind of moves against Raymer. It's a damn shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Dan Harrington tried to put a move on Raymer with Q9, and got lucky vs AJ... Or did you forget that?

PukaPlaya
09-16-2004, 03:17 AM
Action Dan isn't exactly that, I did like his big all in bluff though. Tight table image pays off.

I think if Fossilman had 1 or 2 more aggressive players it would have changed the table drastically. I have to say I think it was the worst final table I have seen since Varkonyi won(sp? including WPT), still can't figure that one out. I know Greg Raymer is a very good player but the stars aligned for him by not giving him much competition except for Harrington and Arieh.

My 2 cents(probably all this post is worth but whatever).

Ralph Wiggum
09-16-2004, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Dan Harrington tried to put a move on Raymer with Q9, and got lucky vs AJ... Or did you forget that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't see it hand by hand. Action Dan made very few moves, and most if not all were on ESPN. Arieh raised nearly 50% of the hands and was brilliantly aggressive. Greg was chasing Arieh throughout the game with his position. He pretty much had run of the table with only 1 aggressive player, and that player was to his right.

jdl22
09-16-2004, 04:13 AM
Arieh was very aggressive. They didn't show any of his aggressive hands. The main contest at the final table was between Arieh and Raymer for who would be table captain. Arieh was very aggressive and Raymer was often calling or going over the top of him. Eventually he slowed him down.

Here is the most important hand of the tournament. ESPN didn't show it. I would reccomend you read the whole final table report on pokerpages (http://www.pokerpages.com/interactive/pokerforum/viewtopic.php?t=4330&sid=e2e67fa65c4248924a9298b4e fbf0a29).

[ QUOTE ]

5:53 PM
Hand #82, Harrington's button. Arieh opens for $250,000, and Raymer calls. The flop comes 6c Jc 10h. Arieh bets $425,000 and Raymer calls. The turn comes 8h. Arieh checks, Raymer bets $1 million, and Arieh calls. The river comes 4c (three clubs on board). Arieh checks, and Raymer moves all in. Arieh removes his sunglasses, stands up, walks around. He looks over at the $5 million, shakes his head in disbelief. He folds. Raymer wins a gargantuan pot. He now has over $12 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again if you read the report or follow it on Pokerstars (should they ever replay it again which they have done in the past) you see that Arieh was very aggressive. The problem was clearly not enough time dedicated to the final table.

ohkanada
09-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Greg had a good seat compared to Josh. He had the chips and position on an aggressive player.

Ken