PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands tonite I could have slowplayed but didnt....

MAxx
09-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Any thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (11.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 has Ks Ts (two pair, kings and jacks).
Hero has Qs Ac (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.16 BB. </font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 2.66 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 2.66 BB. </font>

Evan
09-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Hand 1 is fine. I don't like the bet in hand 2 only because of the ace. If it was 885 or something than I'd say take your chances and go for it. But with the ace on baord no one can be sure they even have outs.

Malcom Reynolds
09-15-2004, 07:05 PM
I think the second hand may be worth slow playing, depending on the table. When the board is paired like that, it usually kills the action. Nobody has an 8, obviously, and everyone is afraid of the 8 except for the flush draw. I think check-calling the flop would give people a chance to make second best hands.

EDIT: Everytime I've seen flopped quads and the guy who had quads bet out, everyone folded around. Obviously my sample space is tiny.

MoreWineII
09-15-2004, 07:12 PM
I like. Bummer everyone folded the second hand with that board being the way it is.

nolanfan34
09-15-2004, 07:17 PM
I don't understand the point in betting out on the second hand. Yes, you may get callers, but why not let people make some second best hands?

Had the table been making a lot of loose calls?