PDA

View Full Version : I got berated by the table for my river raise...

Rhone
09-15-2004, 06:42 PM
...I still think it was the right move. They said I should have feared a boat. I figure, what kind of pre-flop raising, let alone capping, hands have 5's and 3's in them? What do you think, was it foolish?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between BB, MP2 and Hero.</font>

Sidekick
09-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I might be wrong, but I would raise the river as well. With the way the two of them were betting preflop I don't see how you can put either of them on 5s or 3s. Overpairs or overcards I could see, but not that.

Piiop
09-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Don't listen to people who berate you at the table.

The river raise is exactly right. I would probably 3-bet the flop too.

frank_iii
09-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Even if someone DID make a bonehead move (which you did not...I might do the same depending on my feel for the other players) there is no excuse for berating other players. I hope you ignored them, pulled in their chips, and played the next hand without giving it another thought (until you came here to post about it).

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rhone
09-15-2004, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it still have been right if instead of 3's and 5's, the board had T's and J's? There, I could see someone raising pf with AJs, for example, and I would have feared the boat much more. Agree?

Bez
09-15-2004, 07:02 PM
I agree it would have been a poor move if it was Js and Ts for the reasons you specified.

Rhone
09-15-2004, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if someone DID make a bonehead move (which you did not...I might do the same depending on my feel for the other players) there is no excuse for berating other players. I hope you ignored them, pulled in their chips, and played the next hand without giving it another thought (until you came here to post about it).

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I started to give them a little grief about it, then I clammed up. Wasn't worth the bother. One of the guys was on this huge "I'm a god, you're all fish sucking me out" rant, and I figured best to just let him think that way. Anyway, I am still a fish, so... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wabe
09-15-2004, 07:10 PM
"Sorry, I like money."

Piiop
09-15-2004, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would it still have been right if instead of 3's and 5's, the board had T's and J's? There, I could see someone raising pf with AJs, for example, and I would have feared the boat much more. Agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the board J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif I would still raise. Not only do you now have the flush draw, but you also have a str8 draw, making it a str8 flush draw. The fact that someone could raise preflop with a J does not make a difference. If they don't have a J (which is more probable since we know where 2 are), they are scared of them.

radek2166
09-15-2004, 09:09 PM
I really dont know what to say. Excpet I wish I could put these idiots on a hand. I love the raise. I want to see the results.

Honestle I am suprised someone wasnt playing A with a 5 or a 3.

Sent
09-15-2004, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm gonna 3-bet this flop, might buy you a freecard on the turn if no one has trips

-Sent

Rhone
09-15-2004, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really dont know what to say. Excpet I wish I could put these idiots on a hand. I love the raise. I want to see the results.

Honestle I am suprised someone wasnt playing A with a 5 or a 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP2 had 77, BB had KK /images/graemlins/grin.gif