PDA

View Full Version : possible leak in my game...

Sundevils21
09-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.25 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (16.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Kh Kc (full house, kings full of threes).
MP3 has Ks 3s (full house, threes full of kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.25 BB. </font>

On the turn is a check raise a good idea? No read on opponent. I'm hoping he has an ace and bets. Looking back I see what a tragedy him checking the turn behind me would be(maybe not in this hand specifically). I do this quite a bit during heads up situations and think it might be a medium-sized leak. Thoughts?

MoreWineII
09-15-2004, 06:48 PM
I don't see the need to get fancy on this hand. You risked it being checked through and, now that we see the results, you probably make one extra BB if you bet the turn on this hand.

I'll go to my grave saying that I think there are very few situations where I would slow-play on Party.

StellarWind
09-15-2004, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn is a check raise a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]
This can be a good change-up pitch against an aggressive opponent. It probably works better live because it can get you free cards on future hands.

[ QUOTE ]
No read on opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gong! Sorry, that's a no-no. Too many passive players out there to try this checkraise blind.

StellarWind
09-15-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll go to my grave saying that I think there are very few situations where I would slow-play on Party.

[/ QUOTE ]
Checkraising is not slowplaying.

MoreWineII
09-15-2004, 07:17 PM
What about if it gets checked through, very possible since it seems we have no read on villian? Then is it a slow-play?

The PF raise, bet flop, check-raise turn line is so overused that any player with half a clue isn't going to fall for it. Granted, most PP players *don't* have a clue, but still...

Just bet, why pussyfoot around with this hand?

TheHip41
09-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Bet the turn, he might raise you, then you 3-bet. Then you bet the river, he raises, you 3-bet. Just bet the turn. There is no need to get cute.

sthief09
09-15-2004, 11:26 PM
I pull turn and river check-raises like this all the time.

This is my logic:
say you have AK. you raise UTG and you get 3 callers. you bet the flop unimproved and get 2 callers. you bet the turn unimproved and get 1 caller. now you have ace-high on the river, so you check. how often does your opponent bet? I'd say something like 90-95% of the time.

now say you have a set and bet the flop and turn. you check. your opponent will bet the river 90-95% of the time still, so your check-raise will work almost always.

I think everyone who said this is bad is wrong. if someone's calling on this flop, what do you think he has? probably an A or a K. this is a great spot to check-raise. if not the turn, then definitely the river.

and even if this was wrong, calling it a leak is just dumb