PDA

View Full Version : raymer vs arieh question

mostsmooth
09-15-2004, 04:21 PM
when arieh had the K4 heart flush, and somebody was full, soembody went all in on the river acting first. it seemed to me that a check would have been the best way to collect any more chips. im no tourney player, so could somebody fill me in on the reasoning behind going all-in there rather than checking? was he trying to represent a steal to induce a call?

ArchAngel71857
09-15-2004, 04:21 PM
it wasn't raymer. It was john murphy.

-AA

mostsmooth
09-15-2004, 04:25 PM
you know, i think youre right
anyway, who was involved isnt the point!!

fnurt
09-15-2004, 04:33 PM
This has been discussed a few times in this forum. Most posters seem to feel that Murphy's push was a bad move.

Sundevils21
09-15-2004, 04:33 PM
there was no way for Murphy to suspect that Arieh had made a hand and wouldn't check behind. Futhermore, if Murphdog thought he did hit the flush, it would be very hard for him to lay it down.
I think Murphy should have bet an amount half or equal to the pot. Definatly not check imho.

ArchAngel71857
09-15-2004, 04:34 PM
who was involved isnt the point!!

Yes it is. Raymer is chip leader with about 5:1 josh's chips. josh wants to "bust that motherfucker." Raymer is very aggressive and has been stealing blinds and bluffing all tournament. Murphy is relatively inexpierienced (I believe) in live tournamnets and I think made a mistake here but not getting more chips out of Arieh. Then again, my NL Tourney play absolutely sucks.

-AA

mostsmooth
09-15-2004, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who was involved isnt the point!!

Yes it is. Raymer is chip leader with about 5:1 josh's chips. josh wants to "bust that motherfucker." Raymer is very aggressive and has been stealing blinds and bluffing all tournament. Murphy is relatively inexpierienced (I believe) in live tournamnets and I think made a mistake here but not getting more chips out of Arieh. Then again, my NL Tourney play absolutely sucks.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]
ok maybe it does a little, but my thoughts were that an allin was the worst move, apparenly we are all in agreement on that at least. im gonna go look for some of those other threads ive been hearing so much about on this topic. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Officer Farva
09-15-2004, 05:20 PM
I like, is good. arieh like how do you say? he like a the sex in the mouth

cowpie
09-15-2004, 07:34 PM
I think Murphy knew Arieh was on a flush draw. When the 3rd heart came on the river, he went all in thinking Arieh would call with his made flush. Problem is, this will only work against amateur Internet players, not good players. The correct move against good opponents would be to bet, and if raised, reraise (duh). I'm one of those amateurs and I may have called with that flush and lost. Nice lay down.

ArchAngel71857
09-16-2004, 10:21 AM
my a friend, he attacked by a Turkmenistani giant, who a hit him with his payness. he broke his Inus.

-AA

jwvdcw
09-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Its easy to critique when we can see the hands. Murphy didn't know exactly what his opponenet held. I don't mind his move at all in that situation. It wasn't a great move, but it certainly wasn't the worst either. There are plenty of other poor plays for us to pick on out there.