PDA

View Full Version : Avatars - love them or Loathe them?

fatshaft
09-15-2004, 10:56 AM
I am a bit of a Poker Stars or Absolute fan, where you can download your own image (or Kylie ).

Which do you prefer, that, or the Party/Poker room style with a virtual person in the seat, or nothing at all like UB, Paradise or Crypto skins?

fatshaft
09-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Okay, maybe not the most interesting topic then? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Alobar
09-15-2004, 02:58 PM
I play party with no chairs no people nothing at all. But I like pokerstars the best, the avatar doesnt clutter the screen like the gay ass party people/chairs, and a pic is much easier to remember reads on than some jibberrish name

Lost Wages
09-15-2004, 03:08 PM
a pic is much easier to remember reads on than some jibberrish name

Of course that works in reverse as well. Ideally I guess, you would leave your picture blank (I don't). The tables at Absolute are so cluttered that I need my picture to quickly see where I am when multitabling. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lost Wages

Fat Bottomed Girls
09-15-2004, 03:15 PM
I got a nice pic, the guys get all turned on and distracted by me. I can take their chips and then they want to play strip poker with me.

Sponger15SB
09-15-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got a nice pic, the guys get all turned on and distracted by me. I can take their chips and then they want to play strip poker with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY

AncientPC
09-15-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a pic is much easier to remember reads on than some jibberrish name

Of course that works in reverse as well. Ideally I guess, you would leave your picture blank (I don't). The tables at Absolute are so cluttered that I need my picture to quickly see where I am when multitabling. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can just look at which seat has cards face up.

I don't have a problem with remembering names, I wish you could disable avatars on Absolute.

fatshaft
09-16-2004, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Sponger, she hasn't taken money off you in the past by any chance? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EvilEv
09-19-2004, 02:52 PM
As long as I dont end up as the fat bloke, I dont care

EjnarPik
09-19-2004, 04:16 PM
My sentiments excactly.

Ejnar Pik, Southern-Docks.

VegasVixen
09-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I play PStars almost exclusively, and I like the pics, however, I wish they would let you change them more than twice. If you play often, you get "known" fairly quickly by your pic. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

fatshaft
09-27-2004, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play PStars almost exclusively, and I like the pics, however, I wish they would let you change them more than twice. If you play often, you get "known" fairly quickly by your pic. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the reason /images/graemlins/grin.gif

To be fair, you can't change your handle, why would they let you change your avatar? Once you choose that should be it, leave the deception for your betting skills, or lack of them /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Simon Diamond
09-27-2004, 11:48 AM
I play PStars almost exclusively, and I like the pics, however, I wish they would let you change them more than twice. If you play often, you get "known" fairly quickly by your pic.

I recall asking in the past for a pic change after using my alloted two changes, and they seemed okay about it. Not sure if this is still the case, as they have a lot more players now than they did then. As long as you don't take the pi$$ and only ask once in a blue moon, it might still be worth a try.

fatshaft
10-19-2004, 07:11 AM
Very interesting, I thought Party style would do a lot better, just shows it must be the fishy players and speedy games that really drives the site, and not the gimmicks you get on some sites