PDA

View Full Version : AA on K T 7 T board

ThePimpulator
09-15-2004, 05:50 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero ...

Comments please. Should have raised the flop? At the time I was thinking this was one of those boards where you should wait to until the turn to raise (SSH: give up small edge in equity to exploit bigger later). Was this one of those times? With JQ and 89 having OESDs and the board being two suited?

Whether I was right or wrong to just call the flop, what about the turn? Do you guys see that as a safe card or a scare card? Am I calling or raising?

elindauer
09-15-2004, 06:02 AM
Absolutely raise the turn. There are a ton of draws to knock out / charge, and you probably have the best hand.

my 2 cents.
Eric

nepenthe
09-15-2004, 06:06 AM
Not raising the flop was a mistake.
Raise the turn with one hand tied behind your back.

Bigdaddydvo
09-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Pimp,

If you raised the turn, then I like how you played this. Especially at low stakes online games, flop raises don't do much to chase out even gutshot draws. I like waiting for the turn for your raise, as it charges the maximum. Besides, the flop bettor probably has KQ or something.

chesspain
09-15-2004, 08:05 AM
Raise the flop. You already have a ton of equity and by raising you present the other three players with a situation where they do not have the odds to coldcall to chase their four or five outers.

daveymck
09-15-2004, 08:11 AM
If you close the action on the flop then calling is fine I agree but with that flush draw on there, being next to the raiser with people to act behind you then raise and try and clear the field. I think on a draw rich board with a hand that has no part in the draws you have your biggest edge now.

The turn is obviously a scare card, mainly cos you didnt give the person with a 10 any decision on the flop except to call. However we cannot assume a ten is there so raise it up.