PDA

View Full Version : When you miss your line...

Joe Tall
09-15-2004, 03:59 AM
20/40 Foxwoods - juicy game.

There are two 2+2 lurkers at the table. One is to my immediate left in the BB.

3-poor players limp and I raise in the SB w/A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Lurker BB calls, all the limpers call. Rarely a flop will be checked through at this table and as long as the flop is favorable, I plan on check-raising as two of the LP limpers are the, "will bet when checked to" type.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, now the lurker-BB bets and one of the LP limper calls.

How do you adjust?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Evan
09-15-2004, 04:02 AM
Will they fall for a check-call, check-raise after you raised PF?

balkii
09-15-2004, 04:03 AM
JT i dont see the problem here. checkraise for value.

Joe Tall
09-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Will they fall for a check-call, check-raise after you raised PF?

Because when someone raises preflop, they have AK. You didn't know this?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
09-15-2004, 04:09 AM
JT i dont see the problem here. checkraise for value.

Why bust my nut now? I have 3 opponents on a near draw free board w/a flop better likely to value bet (2+2 lurker).

Peace,
Joe Tall

Evan
09-15-2004, 04:15 AM
Should I take that as a "Yes because they're idiots"?

sublime
09-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Joe-

My first reaction is to raise here for obvious reasons. But with your relative position to the the flop bettor(who I imagine has put you on overcards) I think you can check raise the turn and gain even more value out of the hand.

What are the chances this gets checked thru on the turn?

EDIT: Nevermind, I imagine the chances are slim. If a K falls, do you bet out?

Also what do you put the BB on?

chesspain
09-15-2004, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rarely a flop will be checked through at this table [and] as long as the flop is favorable...

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious what made you think that this was a favorable flop for checkraising?

Joe Tall
09-15-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm curious what made you think that this was a favorable flop for checkraising?

It was very close to not being one. When the flop hit one of the limpers grabbed chips as if to call/bet after looking back at his cards.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
09-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, lurker bets, LP calls, I raise, lurker call, LP folds /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

I bet in the dark.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Lurker folds.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
09-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Should I take that as a "Yes because they're idiots"?

Well, no. They think you have AK, everytime. I had an opponent say, "I thought you were going to turn over AK.", three times within an hour as I dragged pots w/set 8s, KJs, and KK. I'm not sure if he forgot he said that everytime, but yet he still said it as he watched me play out each hand.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ftball0000
09-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Happy Birthday dude.... it's a good day to be born on /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Ftball

sfer
09-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Happy B'day Joe.

MaxPower
09-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Happy Birthday Joe. I've got to get up to Foxwoods soon, even thought I hate it there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What do you do if an overcard to the board falls on the turn (like a King for example)? Do you still try for a check-raise? Now the lurker might not bet? He might not bet again even if a scare card doesn't come.

BottlesOf
09-15-2004, 02:09 PM
I think I would've bet out on this flop, but maybe I need to mix my game up more and c/r more flops for value.

Any way, given the way it went down, I call and go for a turn c/r.

Joe Tall
09-15-2004, 02:16 PM
What do you do if an overcard to the board falls on the turn (like a King for example)? Do you still try for a check-raise? Now the lurker might not bet? He might not bet again even if a scare card doesn't come.

That's where it does get tricky as, true, he might not bet or may have even picked up a 2nd pair as he'd call a raise w/KTs. A scared card may also allow me to take the pot down right there and then if I bet out. I think I like the adjustment of betting out.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sublime
09-15-2004, 02:19 PM
That's where it does get tricky as, true, he might not bet or may have even picked up a 2nd pair as he'd call a raise w/KTs. A scared card may also allow me to take the pot down right there and then if I bet out. I think I like the adjustment of betting out.

Yeah, thats what I asked. You must have ignored my post cuz I didnt wish ya a happy B-day /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll buy you a beer tonight /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT:
What did you put lurker on? QJs?

And Mr. Lurker, start posting!

joker122
09-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Nice hand, happy birthday.

colgin
09-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Nicely played. Happy Birthday!

Colgin

MRBAA
09-15-2004, 03:58 PM
My B-day is also 9/15...have a good one.