PDA

View Full Version : Getting "tricky" Part II

nepenthe
09-15-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm in MP with 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif and limp after 1 limper. LP raises, Folded to BB who calls and everyone else calls. It's 4 to the flop.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me and I bet. LP just calls, BB drops, EP limper calls along.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, LP calls, Limper calls.

River: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me and I check.

Alobar
09-15-2004, 01:56 AM
bet the river

Joe826
09-15-2004, 02:00 AM
i'm not exactly sure how this qualifies as "tricky". bet the river and call a C/R.

nepenthe
09-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Perhaps you haven't read Part I. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

nepenthe
09-15-2004, 02:13 AM
My read on LP says he's aggressive and pushes draws and "any pair" pretty hard. He's also capable of river bet/raise bluff with busted draws etc.

Joe Tall
09-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Must bet the river.

Peace,
Joe Tall

chesspain
09-15-2004, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Must bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the process of composing a response as to why checking here was bad, and then I read the above, which seems just so much better than anything I could say.

nepenthe
09-15-2004, 02:26 AM
You must write more. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

chesspain
09-15-2004, 02:43 AM
Until you wrote the addendum, I assumed that you were playing scared and afraid of getting raised/checkraised. Now it seems that you want to try to checkraise the PF raiser?

Nonetheless, I would still bet the river. If LP has AK, he may well just take the free showdown on this board. And the limper could well have some hand like 88/JT/QT etc. with which he will call one more bet, although hoping that LP bets the river for you to trap the limper for a checkraise just seems unrealistically fanciful. You are going to make less money in the long run by losing bets from either/both of these players due to your failure to bet here.

nepenthe
09-15-2004, 06:05 AM
I pretty much knew that an AK by this guy would never opt for the free showdown. I also figured that any PP by this guy is getting instaraised on the flop. I thought he had a big Ace at best, perhaps with a K, perhaps not. I took a chance here and it's not my default play.

daveymck
09-15-2004, 08:04 AM
If he is capable of a raise bluff on the river is that not even more of a reason to bet?

nepenthe
09-15-2004, 02:44 PM
...I check, LP bets, EP calls, I raise, both fold.

I guess they definitely figured me for the flush. BBwise I don't know if I have gained anything extra since EP would have called had I bet, but not sure if LP would have called since he obviously had nothing.