PDA

View Full Version : ATo misplayed(?), how should I have gone about this?

ArchonsEngine
09-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Given the lack of PF raising and the flop action, I guessed I was up against the case ace and a king with a solid kicker. I doubted any boats because any of AKs, AKo, or KK would've been raised PF (given prior play at the table; not just a gut feeling). By the turn, I was sure I was beaten, but the pot was ridiculous, so I felt tied to it. Any comments?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (16.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 28.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has Ac Td (three of a kind, aces).
UTG+2 has Kh Ks (full house, kings full of aces).
Hero has Tc Ah (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 28.25 BB. </font>

ArchonsEngine
09-16-2004, 12:25 AM
Bumped--input greatly appreciated.

milesdyson
09-16-2004, 12:57 AM
The biggest, hugest, worst problem in this hand is not raising the flop.

If you raise the flop and get three-bet, you cap it there.

If, on the turn, it's two cold to you after you cap the flop, it's a much different thing.

Sure the preflop play is weird, but don't slowplay.

I think I would fold the river when it's two to me (given I capped the flop).

The way you played it left you with no idea really, but I still think I would fold for two cold.

topspin
09-16-2004, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you raise the flop and get three-bet, you cap it there.

If, on the turn, it's two cold to you after you cap the flop, it's a much different thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. You ran into the exact problem with your flop slowplay can cause -- you have no idea how much people like their hands, and now you have to pay the expensive bets to find out. If you cap the flop and the other two are still playing ram-and-jam on the turn, then you can fold with a clear conscience.

The way you played it, I think you're trapped for the whole 4 bets on the turn. I fold the river given you're looking at 2 more cold and likely the full 4 to see the showdown, and I don't like your odds of having the best hand here.

AncientPC
09-16-2004, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I would've folded right there. With so much action on the turn I'm sure I would be either out kicked or someone had a boat.

helpmeout
09-16-2004, 04:27 AM
Have to raise the flop, your hand isn't that good.

Gutshots probably wont fold to 1 bet and you want to know how much UTG likes his hand before you get to the turn.

I'd be worried about a straight on the turn, UTG and UTG+2s capping tells me that one of them can beat trips. I'd fold it when it got back to me.

sin808
09-16-2004, 06:40 AM
It'd depend on what the table was like. if I had nothing on anyone at the table I probably wouldn't play this in MP. So I'd fold it pf and save myself getting into trouble later. If I've got a solid read on the table, and if that read warrants it, I'd likely raise this pf from mp3 and later. That'd also change things a bit. Raise the flop in that case is a must though. By the turn the pot was 4.25BB which isn't anywhere near ridiculous enough for me to feel tied to the pot. I don't like calling two cold on the turn (either time). Raise or fold. I'd probably raise, but I do dumb things sometimes. It might not be so dumb, I don't know really. I'd fold the river for sure though (the first cold call), given the previous action, and it looks like the showdown is going to cost me 4BB more, I don't think it's profitable to call here. My math sucks though, so I'll defer to the math wizards here for a more 'correct' answer.

Not a very solid answer, I know...*shrugs*