PDA

View Full Version : How thick/thin is this value bet?

BigEndian
09-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Should I even consider this a value bet? Should I call a raise? CRing this river looked like folly to me, anyone else agree?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: BigEndian is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, BigEndian calls.

River: (11 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>...

- Jim

Yeknom58
09-15-2004, 01:49 AM
So explain to me what MP has again?

Looks like 2 pair to me although I'm still calling down.

balkii
09-15-2004, 03:16 AM
yes i dont understand the river bet. for it to make sense he has to have exactly T9 and be smart enough to realize he got counterfeit and then check behind. most players arent aware.

i'd check call.

BigEndian
09-15-2004, 08:11 AM
The river bet was a mix of things. I was going to call, so I bet (misapplied). I've been trying to jam one at the end as a matter of habit to try to break the habit of generally calling down. It's very tough for me to get raised here, the table is generally filled with weak players as a rule (this is so very true at the bad beat tables). I'll bet the first thing that would go through one of thoese players' head was that I had AA. So I think I can probably fold to a raise, though I'm not certain I would have done it in the heat of the moment.

SB was so loose he would call if he had any part of the board, but check calling would hve made his call a lock cinch.

He may very well have auto-bet his hand, if that's the case then I agree check-calling is definitely best.

- Jim