PDA

View Full Version : "I'm sure they wouldn't take a check in the old days..."

brassnuts
09-15-2004, 12:39 AM
As Arieh was maundering about, what do you guys think Harrington was thinking? Did you see the look on his face?

DimensionPresident
09-15-2004, 12:42 AM
That could have been crafty editing.

Networks often air reactions from something else to make something more interesting.

Daliman
09-15-2004, 12:57 AM
They were dicussing how past winners had taken out all that cash, DH was asked how HE took his, GH said he got a check...

One of the few JA comments I had no problem with.

daryn
09-15-2004, 01:06 AM
FU /images/graemlins/grin.gif

slickpoppa
09-15-2004, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As Arieh was maundering about, what do you guys think Harrington was thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna bust a cap in this n*gga's ass.

luckycharms
09-15-2004, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They were dicussing how past winners had taken out all that cash, DH (dead hand) was asked how HE (holdem) took his, GH (good hand) said he got a check...

One of the few JA (Jack Ace, offsuit) comments I had no problem with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't help it. my bad

luckycharms
09-15-2004, 01:27 AM
someone's in a bad mood tonight

daryn
09-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Main Entry: joke
Pronunciation: 'jOk
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin jocus; perhaps akin to Old High German gehan to say, Sanskrit yAcati he asks
1 a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2) : an instance of jesting : KIDDING <can't take a joke> c : PRACTICAL JOKE d : LAUGHINGSTOCK
2 : something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter <consider his skiing a joke -- Harold Callender> -- often used in negative construction <it is no joke to be lost in the desert>

JTrout
09-15-2004, 03:11 AM
In the old days they could leave with the winnings in their pocket.

DimensionPresident
09-15-2004, 06:31 AM
Does anyone have specifics taxes for these touraments?

As in, what is the exact percentage of withholdings?

Also, am I wrong in thinking that Greg could have just filled out a W-9 and taken the entire $5M and paid the taxes himself at the end of the year?

(The interest alone he could have earned on whatever they withhold for taxes between now and the end of the year would have been substantial.)

MikeSmith
09-15-2004, 08:47 AM
i watched moneymaker play on pokerstars one time and he said he paid around 600,000(icant remember exactly) in taxes..yikes.

-mike /images/graemlins/spade.gif