PDA

View Full Version : Hand Review

zephyr
09-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Comments, or is this pretty standard?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed)

Hero (t1340)
SB (t800)
BB (t1025)
UTG (t1415)
UTG+1 (t775)
MP1 (t1330)
MP2 (t935)
CO (t380)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t325) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, BB calls t200.

Turn: (t725) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t725) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t175</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t900
<font color="green">Main Pot: t725 (t725), won by BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t175 (t175), returned to BB.</font>

durron597
09-15-2004, 01:13 AM
I would check behind on the flop and bet your OESD on the turn. Given that you didn't, depending on the sort of player BB is, you could try moving in on the turn which isn't terrible if the BB is the sort of person who would call your flop bet with just a 7 or a 4.

If the BB is solid, the best play is to check behind on the flop and bet 300 on the turn if checked to you IMO.

chill888
09-15-2004, 03:06 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with your play. You were trying to steal. Were aggressive post flop. And gave up cause you were clearly beat. Fair enough. BUT a few thoughts.

I usually never try and steal on the button early in a tourney from the BB. Admittedly I play at Stars so i have more time to be patient than you party whor es (:) Two reasons:

1. Too often You get into little cat fights with the mediocre hands of stubborn blinds that needlessly run down your stack. Mediocre players hate having their blinds stolen.

2. IMPORTANTLY (I think this is a powerful concept), you train the blinds that you are tight and this helps you steal when the blinds are far bigger and the table has less people.

Stealing from 1 off the blind (is this what you guys call CO? --what does that stand for? ) is often far easier cause guys don't think you are stealing and you can often use a smaller bet.

I also take detailed notes on which players are always stealing, and who will defend blinds to help me in these situations - and will SELECTIVELY come over the top of habitual but responsible stealers. Responsible in the sense that they will give up if bluffing and raised.

Just some thoughts, I don't think your play was bad, but I wouldn't do it too often so early in tourney.

gl