PDA

View Full Version : Computer help

rusty JEDI
09-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Sorry for two o/t posts in one day but i need the vast zoo knowledge again. (Has anyone seen Terry?)

For some reason on my computer, when i click on the system restore it only offers me September, and none of the days are bold. Therefore, i have to use the previous month but that button doesnt work. The only buton that works is the show next month button and it skips to August 2099.

I checked my date in the bottom right corner and it is correct at Sept 14/04.

Any ideas?

Thanks

rJ

rusty JEDI
09-15-2004, 02:13 AM
More

realplayer i get non-stop script errors.
word i can not save to my documents. Only to a disk.

rJ

rusty JEDI
09-15-2004, 05:32 AM
Not just a bump, but some more info.

The word save thing was just because i had a / in the title.

The biggest problem is that i have no system restore past today.
The other problem is that it seems to be related to a new wireless card i just had put in. It seems that everytime i turn off the wireless, or shutdown the computer i need to reinstall the software to get any kind of wireless connection again. It is a dlink and in the bottom right tray it has a little status bar with 3 vertical bars like a bar graph, with each one getting higher. That little thing says not connected. When i click the wireless connection (two overlapping computers in that tray) there are no wireless options, where normally there is 2.

Thanks

rJ

Mike Haven
09-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Just in case ...

When you go to System Restore, click on "System Restore Settings" and check that the "Turn off System Restore on all drives" hasn't been activated somehow.