PDA

View Full Version : HU - please help!

The Student
09-15-2004, 12:25 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed)

BB (t4180)
Hero (t3820)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls t200, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t800</font>, Hero calls t400.

Flop: (t1600) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t600</font>, Hero calls t600.

Turn: (t2800) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t400</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, BB calls t800.

River: (t5200) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t1580 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t6780
<font color="green">Main Pot: t5200 (t5200), won by BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t1580 (t1580), returned to BB.</font>

How badly did I mess this up? I figured that there was virtually no way for me to win this hand with a showdown at the river. I couldn't even beat a king high bluff, but I think he had at least a pair anyways. Antyhing else I could have done here?

All suggestions appreciated,

ts-

Nak
09-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Just call the turn. You are getting gr8 odds here for you your flush draw and straight draw. A semibluff raise on the flop would cool, too, if your opponent can get off a loser.

Nak

SmileyEH
09-15-2004, 01:15 AM
move in preflop.

-SmileyEH

The Student
09-15-2004, 01:49 PM
In retrospect, I think I should have pushed on the flop - I had good draws and I still had some fold equity. My opponent wasn't LAG, so he may have folded here, and even if he didn't I still had some good draws.

thanks,
ts-

zephyr
09-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Why are you limping preflop? I'd personally push, but can see an argument for just raising to 3XBB aswell as your right around the magic 10XBB mark.

Don't get fancy on the flop...I think a push is definetly in order, especially if you think there's a chance your opponent will fold.

Your turn play is horrendous IMO. You've now lost the good odds you had on the flop and are now raising 800 into a 3600 pot. Not to mention that you're risking half of your remaining stack in the process. This is one of those rare cases where its call or push. Do you think that your opponent would fold a pair of 4's 5's, 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's to a push here? If so, push. Otherwise I'd just call as you're getting great odds and you still have a tonne of outs.

The river is an easy fold, but you've now left yourself so severely short stacked that you're a huge dog to win this tournament.

Very poorly played IMO.

Only my opinion,

Zephyr

rybones
09-15-2004, 02:50 PM
I agree with the push pre-flop. against a random hand I beleive you are better than 50% and now is a time to steal or be ok with the coin flip. on the other hand, once your opponent has raised your call from the bb I think this hand is dead. just fold. for my money you have now lost control of the hand and anything you do will look weak and likely is weak imo.

comments on my analysis always welcome.

Ryan.