PDA

View Full Version : more 2/4 trouble

dfscott
09-15-2004, 12:15 AM
After 4K hands at 2/4, I still haven't gotten the hang of it (0.4BB/100). It's the marginal hands that keep giving me all the trouble:

Hand 1

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

Hand 2:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.50 BB, won by MP1.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP1.</font>

Surfbullet
09-15-2004, 12:54 AM
this is a good spot for SSM, so i'll leave it to him... but it took me about ~7,500 hands to get going at 2/4. I'm a slightly above average player at best, and this is a very beatable limit, but it's swingy for full table and can take time to get going.

Hand1:
My automatic response would be to raise the turn, but I don't know how I would deal with being 3-bet.

Hand2:
if you are going to fold, fold the flop. Otherwise, I would raise the flop or turn.

Surf

dfscott
09-15-2004, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a good spot for SSM, so i'll leave it to him... but it took me about ~7,500 hands to get going at 2/4. I'm a slightly above average player at best, and this is a very beatable limit, but it's swingy for full table and can take time to get going.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think 2/4 is that different from the other levels? I've played 4 lower levels prior to 2/4, and although I admit that they've each taken an adjustment, I usually get the hang of it in 2-3K hands. I do have a tendency to get hung up on stats, so I probably should just shut up and play poker.

And thanks for the hand comments...

bisonbison
09-15-2004, 01:19 AM
I do have a tendency to get hung up on stats, so I probably should just shut up and play poker.

ding ding ding!

Surfbullet
09-15-2004, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You really think 2/4 is that different from the other levels? I've played 4 lower levels prior to 2/4, and although I admit that they've each taken an adjustment, I usually get the hang of it in 2-3K hands. I do have a tendency to get hung up on stats, so I probably should just shut up and play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the only full table games I played b4 2/4 are pokerroom .25/.50 + .50/1, then party .50/1. All of those are typically verrry passive preflop, and it took me some time to get used to the amounts of pf raises I see at 2/4. In general, I find it to be a more aggressive game.

It's easy to get hung up on stats - but 4k hands is a drop in the bucket, just keep at it you'll be fine I'm sure.

Surf

dejableu
09-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Raise the turn. He didn't three-bet you on the flop, which I think he would have done with a set or two pair. He didn't three-bet preflop, which many players do with AK. You've got top pair with second kicker. Pop him again.