PDA

View Full Version : Six Feet Under finale-WOW!

Daliman
09-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Amazing how well it pulled Nate's story all back together in one not-so-neat bundle spanning 15 minutes of episode time, and only about 6 minutes of actual scene time. Just when it seems Nate is off on yet ANOTHER one of his wild goose chases for meaning/understanding/acceptance, he hits the nail not only on the head, but buries it all the way in the board in one strike.
I can't think of another show that has handled a cross-season storyline anywhere NEAR this interestingly,(Dammit, don't TELL me the whole last season was a dream and Bobby Ewing is still alive!). Just when it seems that we had all forgotten that Lisa was murdered and an investigation was likely ongoing in the background, this happens.

Also, David seeing his attacker not as a person with it out for HIM, but just a psychopath who chose him at random, i think will help him get past the depression.

random thoughts

-LOVE The Billy Chenoweth character. That actor seems to just have such a cool confidence with an understanding of his character and his faults.

-I guess we're seeing why Ruth's husband has been married 6 times.

-I'm setting the over/under on Russell killing himself at 3 episodes. Mind you, I set the same line last year.

-I love how Claire feels her work is finally getting proper respect, and her first major buyer is pseudo-celebrity Nicole Richie. Chill on the drugs, Claire.

-Rico's story is interesting for the fact that it appears, for the first time I can actually remember, a divorce will happen to a couple not including a serial marrier.

astroglide
09-15-2004, 12:07 AM
greatest show on television. i was very surprised at how they handled the episode with it being a season finale.

RcrdBoy
09-15-2004, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Amazing how well it pulled Nate's story all back together in one not-so-neat bundle spanning 15 minutes of episode time, and only about 6 minutes of actual scene time. Just when it seems Nate is off on yet ANOTHER one of his wild goose chases for meaning/understanding/acceptance, he hits the nail not only on the head, but buries it all the way in the board in one strike.
I can't think of another show that has handled a cross-season storyline anywhere NEAR this interestingly,(Dammit, don't TELL me the whole last season was a dream and Bobby Ewing is still alive!). Just when it seems that we had all forgotten that Lisa was murdered and an investigation was likely ongoing in the background, this happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wrap up to Lisa's death was shocking. Really just blew me away. I'm so glad it didn't go down the obvious path of taking his daughter so as not to have to close the funeral home path it appeared to be on.

[ QUOTE ]

-Rico's story is interesting for the fact that it appears, for the first time I can actually remember, a divorce will happen to a couple not including a serial marrier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the character of his wife. I can't wait to see that character snuffed out!

Oh and my favorite side character has to be Billy and Brenda's mother.

Great show.