PDA

View Full Version : 99 HU and I need help on what to do on the turn.

Alobar
09-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.70 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

bleh, I didnt know what to do here on the turn. I picked up a gutshot so do I check my new found outs? but if I check and he bets the pot is so small I really dont have the odds to chase my likely 6 outs, so why give him the chance to bluff or take the free card?

After betting the turn and he calls, I think betting the river is likely -EV, no way can I be ahead over %50 of the time he calls. I really dont like how I played this hand.

jrobb83
09-14-2004, 09:14 PM
I would check-call a river blank against an aggressive opponent, check-fold the river against a passive opponent. You realy can't bet this river unless playing against a complete jackass.

I think you played the rest of the hand very well.