PDA

View Full Version : A4s in SB - I won but did I play it properly.

BreakEven
09-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Sorry for the flood of hand evaluation posts. The table was passive with a lot of calling stations. The flop looked scary but was not suited so I took a shot at it but was it the right play? Any raise...I fold. Any call and I check fold.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 2.50 BB

btspider
09-14-2004, 09:17 PM
check the flop. its tiny and not worth trying to buy out of position.

slow down on the posts. post 2-3 and wait a bit.

BreakEven
09-15-2004, 08:44 AM
I agree that it was probably too small for such a play. I was also hoping it was too small for them to pursue. Although I have no problem unloading lousy hands from the blinds, I do hear a lot about "defending your blinds." Does that apply in a situation like this with only two late position and 1 mid position limpers?

sluttysteve
09-15-2004, 10:13 AM
You're usually defending against one person... this is not a situation where defending your blinds with nothing is appropriate.