PDA

View Full Version : Horrible JJ hand

Irishboy
09-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Irishboy is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Irishboy calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Irishboy bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Irishboy raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Irishboy checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, Irishboy calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between Irishboy and UTG.</font>

JimmyJazz1
09-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Reraise preflop. Flop play and turn play were correct, but i'd raise on the river as well.

The only hand that I could think of that he has that beats you is Kx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and if thats the case, a bet on the river may make him fold.

Other than that i'd put him on a nut diamond draw and his river bet at the end was just an attempt to steal the pot.

Scotch78
09-15-2004, 12:08 AM
3-bet pre-flop. You probably have the best hand, it'll be easier to steal if the flop brings overcards that don't help your opponent, and easier to fold if the overcards help your opponent and he raises. Also, if he caps it, it'll be easier for you to lay down your hand when you're behind on the flop or turn. Since you smooth called pre-flop, I'd check-raise the flop. UTG's line (especially the cold call) makes me think AK, possibly a slowplayed KK. I fold to his river bet most of the time.

Scott