PDA

View Full Version : AKo, TPTK, Flush Hits Turn

AtlChip10
09-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Once again, no read on players involved...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between BB, UTG and Hero.</font>

Am I correct to check the river here, or do I bet for value? With no read, I tend to get very passive and check almost exclusively in this situation. Not sure if this is actually correct or not...

Ric
09-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Easy river bet. You're ahead more times than behind here.

prayformojo
09-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Top pair, top kicker, no aggression from any other player throughout the hand: bet the river.

digdeep
09-14-2004, 06:38 PM
BET the river? Why didn't you bet it? Unless you had a read that someone would slowplay the flush, no raise on the turn is indicative that you have the best hand. BET.

nolanfan34
09-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Bet the river. If you're going to get CRed by a flush, they'll do it on the turn more often than not.

Otherwise nice hand.

AtlChip10
09-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Like I said I tend to get very passive in this situation. If it was just one player left I probably would have bet it, but with both hanging on I just thought the worst and checked it. Not that it matters, but one of them did have the nut flush. In the future I will bet this.

MrHorace
09-14-2004, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not that it matters, but one of them did have the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
They had the nut flush or nut flush draw?? They didn't bet with either? hmmm
I like your post, because I've had the same issues of getting passive or even weak/tight at times. Reading SSHE has helped me a lot to work through this, and in fact I've noticed successes by trudging through. I don't necessarily become aggressive, but will stay in where before I might have folded. (Not necessarily in situations like this, but you get the idea.)
GL
Mr Horace

Quercus
09-14-2004, 10:25 PM
If someone picked up the nut flush on the turn and didn't either bet or check-raise you, they should give up poker and check themselves into a mental hospital.

You bet the river in this situation 100 out of 100 times.

Zetack
09-14-2004, 11:00 PM
For the guy with the nut flush this is a prime example of why it doesn't pay to try and get fancy at low limit.

Bet this river. It's pretty unusual for the nut flush not to bet or c/r this turn--with possibly two more big bets coming to you when you are ahead, bet it.

--Zetack