PDA

View Full Version : Still Looks Like Events In Iraq Will Determine Election

adios
09-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Here's something I believe would be totally wrong and I have no idea if this reflects reality, something is going to happen in Fallujah and there's going to be a lot of destruction. The current tactic of precision strikes won't do a thing to quell the insurgency. If Bush puts off a showdown there until after the election and this results in more unnecessary killing like today this would be a travesty. The unfortunate thing about the election from my perspective is that the exit plan in Iraq hasn't been debated and I think that's something this is worthwhile to debate. All comments welcome as I may be way off the mark here. There are many more aspects regarding the situation in Iraq that need to be debated as well but they won't be most likely by these candidates.

GWB
09-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Once I am re-elected, the insurgents won't be able to use the upcoming election to manipulate US opinion and they will crumble.

If Kerry had won, then their manipulations would have been successful.

Knockwurst
09-14-2004, 09:26 PM
I agree. But the Bush administration made a brilliant move in getting Bremmer out and a provisional Iraqi government in. It took Iraq right off the front pages and lead stories of the nightly newscasts. August was the worst month for American casualties, but you wouldn't of known scanning the headlines or watching the nightly news. Iraq still may decide the outcome.