PDA

View Full Version : A few AKo hands for review.

fluff
09-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Here are a few AKo hands for review. Main main issue is, how far do you go with them, especially when you miss. Brutal honesty always appreciated.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Hand 1: Ugh, limp-reraise, and missed gut-shot draw. This was expensive.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

Hand 2: Turn bet too much? Against 2 random hands, I figured I'd be ahead here.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Hand 3: CO is super maniac post flop. He will raise any 2 cards post flop, he will go on to lose 100 BBs in this session. My intention was to either check-raise if checked to maniac, or bet out, and have him rise and trap a bunch of people. Probably too fancy, and too horrid.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

fluff
09-14-2004, 09:00 PM
No one? Are these just too bad to comment on? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

vegasvegas
09-14-2004, 09:31 PM
1. Hand
MP1 calls and then caps after re-reraise pre-flop, so I'd put him on a high pocket pair. JJ through AA, no matter what he has, you'll need to hit that gutshot broadway to stay alive. CO might have AK, too, so I'd fold the turn for a 10BB pot.

2. Hand
Any reads on the players ? Are they easily scared ? At 5 BB, I probably wouldn't bet the turn. SB and BB might have straight draws only, so AK might hold up, but otherwise you have 6 outs (A,K) - wouldn't do it.

3. Hand
No raise pre-flop ? CO is the maniac, what about SB ? I might fold the turn to SBs bet.

But then, I'm way to passive. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pstripling
09-14-2004, 09:54 PM
1st hand. You are priced in to see the river. You have about 3 clean outs (the tens that are not the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) but I don't think either opponent in this hand is on a draw given the preflop/flop action so the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is probably okay. I don't think an ace or king is going to win this hand for you.

2nd Hand: I think the turn is a great spot to take a free card. Call the river against one opponent, but I would fold if an overcall was possible.

3rd Hand: Raise preflop... I know they are all going to call, but you probably have the best hand/chances...take advantage. Fold the turn. The SB calling all that action on the flop bothers me. He could have anything. If the board was not paired I would call only if I knew that we could see the river for that one bet.