PDA

View Full Version : Rent a house for WSOP 2005?

Oblivious
09-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone. I could use some advice here. Im interested in renting a house in vegas from June 1st to about July 15th or 30th. Ive been looking online at "vacation rentals" but all of them are about $300 per night. Im looking for more like a regular house rental at around 1200 per month. Ive checked a lot of places like craigslist and rent.net, but all i find are appartments (which probably wouldnt rent to me for less than one year). Ultimately im just going to have to call a realtor in vegas, but other than that, if anyone has any ideas on where i should look, please let me know. Thanks.

BTW, I want a place with a pool and BBQ, which would require a couple 2+2 meetups /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Toonces
09-14-2004, 05:02 PM
"Poker House". The latest concept for Reality TV. Get there befor Fox steals it.

bwana devil
09-14-2004, 05:09 PM
If you are trying to do this deal in order to save money, consider renting a room in someone’s house. I’m sure you could save a ton of dough and a homeowner would let you move in for that short a time period.

The online newspaper where I live has listings in the classifieds for such services.

I don’t know Vegas, but in Austin you’d be hard pressed to find a house rental available for 1.5 months. I own rental property and wouldn’t even consider doing something like that. Too many costs for the landlord associated w/ that type of deal. I’d lose money.

Oblivious
09-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Its not that i want to save money individually... Ill have 2 or 3 roommates who are interested in getting the house with me. Its not economical or convienient for all of us to get hotel rooms for a month. So we cant rent individual rooms, we'll have to get a whole house.

maybe i COULD get fox to pay for it!

scotnt73
09-14-2004, 05:40 PM
check on ebay for vegas timeshares. there are people all the time selling thier week for 300-500 for 7 days. they look like pretty decent 2-3 bedrooms with kitchens. ive never done this but if i was staying a week or more id check it out.