PDA

View Full Version : My STUPID country wont let me cash USD checks

Vannek
09-14-2004, 04:47 PM
So here I`m happy as I receive my first neteller check, I head to the bank, there some fat dude tells me there I cant deposit that, I ask why he says `because its in dollars`, I`m thinking `WTF, that guy on the neteller live chat lied to me!`. Then I go the only bank that does this kind of thing, I receive the great news that will cost $90 to cash a check no matter how much the check is worth, alright no need to panic. I go to a `cash exchange` house(not sure its named that way) where you can convert USD money to the local money, they will only cash checks if your old and is receiving checks related to retirement, which case I`m sure they will be happy to demand ten pages worth of documentation proof.
Anyone living outside us had sucess with this?I believe I will have to seach for days and days to find a place that will convert it and even then I`m sure they will ask for information of where I got this, I will have to say `Well, I made it all illegaly gambling on internet` and they laugh and give me back my piece of paper.
Does anyone had success with wire transfers on stupid countries?I`m trying to make one at Empire, yet the idiots at the bank didnt knew what their Swift was, I`m depressed
ps: Does anyone want a $700 bankroll?It does not worth than higienic paper here, brazil stinks

PITTM
09-14-2004, 04:53 PM
send it over my way!

rj

Baulucky
09-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Yes. I want a $700 bankroll. PM me for details. I may be able to help you. I live in Venezuela (shittier than Brazil), and I have no problems doing business online. I will of course charge you a fee.

cianosheehan
09-14-2004, 05:07 PM
If it helps, you can choose to cash out in euros. I know this will probably make it worse, but maybe you could ask in your banks JUST in case they allow checks in euros to be cashed out easier. Or else try and contact Neteller and try and explain the situation. They may be able to propose a solution.

crockpot
09-14-2004, 07:01 PM
i was unable to cash a check (written to me in USD) because the bank issuing it was in britain.

and yes, i live in the US.

mikimaus
09-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Your check would cost up to half of that $90 in Finland, so nothing abnormal about it, other than the double cost of it, or sometimes and at some other countries it would cost about one fourth of that $90. It doesn't matter what currency it is at when the money is not at your own country, in case it will have about double check costs ($22.50 x 2) as two banks are involved completely, or that's how I figure it - as a check out (to) costs about half of what the check in (from) costs.

dink
09-15-2004, 03:51 AM
netteller debit card dude

works a treat in aus

where the banks are also f in stoopid

chawinski
09-15-2004, 05:44 AM
Fo shizzle?

Which ATM's does the neteller card work on(and which banks) in Australia? This would be great if true.

MrBatman
09-15-2004, 05:52 AM
From the neteller site (http://www.neteller.com/ab/learn/?about=debitcard):
[ QUOTE ]

The NETELLER ATM card is not tied directly to your NETELLER account. You must initiate the transfer from your account to your card; the transfer will take no more than 1 hour, and in most cases is instant. You can withdraw funds from your account at automated teller machines (ATM) and retail points-of-sale (POS) worldwide. Clients from the United States can withdraw funds at any ATM or POS terminal in the Pulse/Star network. International members can withdraw funds at ATMs/POSs in the Cirrus/Maestro network.

[/ QUOTE ]

meow_meow
09-15-2004, 11:25 AM
It should be noted that the fees on the neteller card are retardedly high, but if it's the only option available....
Check their site for details on all the wonderful fees involved.

Sponger15SB
09-15-2004, 12:57 PM
yet another reason why america rocks, our banks let us cash checks in USD.

also, why use a check? wouldn't it be about 20x faster to get a neteller/firepay/whatever account?

lefty rosen
09-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Neteller doesn't wire money into foreign bank accounts. So he would have to use debit or play like he is playing on the free money side? I actually think the free money maybe more challenging as who can see jack 2 calling a pre flop quad and a quad the whole way and catching running 2's.....

Sponger15SB
09-15-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually think the free money maybe more challenging as who can see jack 2 calling a pre flop quad and a quad the whole way and catching running 2's.....

[/ QUOTE ]

remember this thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1022231&Forum= ,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=102 2231&Search=true&where=&Name=2685&daterange=&newer val=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Pos t1022231) what are you talking about?

theghost
09-15-2004, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller doesn't wire money into foreign bank accounts. So he would have to use debit or play like he is playing on the free money side? I actually think the free money maybe more challenging as who can see jack 2 calling a pre flop quad and a quad the whole way and catching running 2's.....

[/ QUOTE ]

or spend it at the neteller store

lefty rosen
09-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Um do they ship blonde love dolls to Brazil? ROFLMAO.... Also they must have enhanced South American hynies....... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trantor
09-18-2004, 05:18 AM
I understand this is because British cheques don't print all the issuing bank details on the cheque that US banks require for clearing. We used Citibank to get round this but Citibank now require a min 100,000 USD on deposit to keep a British Co account so we closed the account and now have to use direct bank transfers to pay all US bills.

Piers
09-18-2004, 06:34 AM
Try and look for a site that allows you to deposit via Neteller and cash out directly to your Bank Account via Switch or similar. Not sure if that is possible for you.