PDA

View Full Version : The Big Polling news of the day.

El Barto
09-14-2004, 03:22 PM
For the first time, Bush is opening up a lead in a state that Al Gore won in 2000:

BUSH SAYS CHEESE (http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/30349.htm)

Also, new ABC Pennsylvania poll will come out today.

Knockwurst
09-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Consider the source. Like Rupert Murdoch's other news outlets, the NY Post is not exactly a credible source for any news story.

tanda
09-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Yeah ... that must be it.

The poll was conducted by USA Today/CNN/Gallup and was reported in today's edition of USA Today as well as various other outlets.

But, according to you, the NY Post may not be credible in reporting this poll.

You are either a complete idiot or in serious denial ... or both.

El Barto
09-14-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Consider the source. Like Rupert Murdoch's other news outlets, the NY Post is not exactly a credible source for any news story.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are quoting a Gallup/CNN poll. Same basic story on MSNBC. (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5999760/)

Knockwurst
09-14-2004, 03:55 PM
And the fact that you're defending the NY Post shows you are either a complete douche bag or a complete douche bag or both.

I don't care whose poll it is, my point is the fact that you are citing a NY Post article for anything (need I remind you that they are the Murdoch outlet that broke the story of Kerry picking Gephart) is like citing the Weekly World News for a news story.

Don't believe everything you read, especially if it's in the NY Post.

Dynasty
09-14-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, new ABC Pennsylvania poll will come out today.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9/12 Rasmussen poll has Bush up 49-48 in Pennsyulvania. It's going to be a real brawl there and in Florida where it's Bush 48-47 in the same Rasmussen poll.

Kerry's problems are seen best in that Bush is pulling away in important states he won in 2000 (Ohiio, Missouri) but is gaining significantly in states he lost i 2000 (Wisconsin, New Jersey!, Maine)

pudley4
09-14-2004, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And the fact that you're defending the NY Post shows you are either a complete douche bag or a complete douche bag or both.

I don't care whose poll it is, my point is the fact that you are citing a NY Post article for anything (need I remind you that they are the Murdoch outlet that broke the story of Kerry picking Gephart) is like citing the Weekly World News for a news story.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you didn't even bother to check and see if the story was accurate? "It's from the NY Post, so it must be wrong"

Here (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-13-bush-poll_x.htm) is the USA Today story - looks like the same poll results to me.

wacki
09-14-2004, 08:15 PM
wow, saw a bit of a flamestarting. Thought I should put out the fire.

Knockwurst, is right, NYP is crap. But this article proves that even idiots can be right at times (idiot = NYP not Knockwurst). The article is correct, and the pole is good.

GWB
09-14-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a point, I never trust anything in the politically -biased media, like the:

NYT
WP
LAT
CBS
ABC
NBC
CNN
MSNBC
and many more.

Just take CBS as the latest example of a biased outlet promoting one view and even when caught continuing to pretend that they are an objective source. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nepa
09-14-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't trust anything from the liar's on AM radio either. Except for maybe Micheal Savage. [ QUOTE ]
You have a point, I never trust anything in the politically -biased media, like the:

NYT
WP
LAT
CBS
ABC
NBC
CNN
MSNBC

[/ QUOTE ]