PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in 5/10 land

SAPpete
09-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Coming off two great months playing 3/6 on Party, I'm in a downturn this month like I haven't seen ever before. Still doing well B&M 3-6-9 and 4-8-8, but Party seems to be cursed.
So I thought I see if 5/10 SH is just as bad, and won more hands in an hour than all month playing 3/6 (ok, slight exaggeration).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (17.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (21.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Got scared on the river I guess, surely should have bet it.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Qs Qd (one pair, queens).
Hero has 3c 7c (two pair, sevens and threes).
Button has 4d 7d (one pair, sevens).
SB has 8d Ad (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 21.50 BB. </font>

I know I shouldn't even have been there with 73, but I think I'll just delude myself into taking it as a sign from the Poker gods to depart 3/6 (in addition to "the sign" of hitting the flop three times with AKs for TPTK in 3/6, to be cracked by JJ each time). /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lost Wages
09-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Party seems to be cursed
I thought I see if 5/10 SH is just as bad
I know I shouldn't even have been there with 73

You have a lot to learn about poker, and yourself. Good luck.

Lost Wages

SAPpete
09-14-2004, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too kind, thank you !

crockett
09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Troll Alert!

colgin
09-14-2004, 03:34 PM
I am not a short-handed player but I can still say with absolute confidence that you should not be limping in this game with 73s (or similar such hands). It is simply terrible play.

Bet the river.

Best of luck,

Colgin

SAPpete
09-14-2004, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a short-handed player but I can still say with absolute confidence that you should not be limping in this game with 73s (or similar such hands). It is simply terrible play.

Bet the river.

Best of luck,

Colgin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the only constructive answer so far.

I realize I should have bet the river, but I guess I was hit by "survivors guilt" of having hit the flop when I really shouldn't have been in that hand at all.

lil'
09-14-2004, 03:49 PM
When I see someone limp with a hand lilke 7-3, I make a note, because that's the type of player I like to play against.

Bet the river.

Ponks
09-14-2004, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's being blunt, but he's right. Fold that trash preflop.

Ponks

Evan
09-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Seriously, I can't even imagine what made you decide to play this hand in the first place, and then call 2 more cold. This is awful. I didn;t even read past PF and you never should've been past PF fold this hand EVERY time. If you took a bad beat, you deserved it.

bisonbison
09-14-2004, 03:55 PM
your preflop and river play are bad.

busguy
09-14-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's being blunt, but he's right. Fold that trash preflop.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

He's saying a HELL of a lot more that just that.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif busguy

TheHip41
09-14-2004, 04:29 PM
I think the flop is the only street you got right. Why no river bet?? Scared of what, 10's up? Bet the river

Oh yeah, as a side note, this is worst hand I've ever seen /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nepenthe
09-14-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Coming off two great months playing 3/6 on Party, I'm in a downturn this month like I haven't seen ever before. Still doing well B&amp;M 3-6-9 and 4-8-8, but Party seems to be cursed.
So I thought I see if 5/10 SH is just as bad, and won more hands in an hour than all month playing 3/6 (ok, slight exaggeration).

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I shouldn't even have been there with 73, but I think I'll just delude myself into taking it as a sign from the Poker gods to depart 3/6 (in addition to "the sign" of hitting the flop three times with AKs for TPTK in 3/6, to be cracked by JJ each time). /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, whose gimmick account is this?