PDA

View Full Version : 5 player with smallish pocket pair

luvrhino
09-14-2004, 01:51 PM
I was in a tourney scenario that i'd like to open up for discussion. It was at 5 players in a Limit SnG on EmpirePoker/Party Poker. I was 3rd with 1220 chips. The two who were worse off had 960 chips and 500-something. The ones ahead had 2000+. Blinds were 150/300 and i was UTG with pocket 8's.

I raised, thinking "Mmm, blinds." Unfortunately, the 4th place person immediately to my left raised (leaving her with 60 chips). I didn't like to see that, obviously. She had been very loose at the beginning, but tightened up as we approached the money. Everyone folded to me. Feeling that i was fairly pot committed at this point and hoping that she was getting silly with AK or 33 or something, i put her all-in. I didn't think overcards or a smaller pocket pair was too unlikely, since earlier she had been pushing middle and bottom pair when someone else had shown strength, so she wasn't too bright. Anyway, she had KK. Oops. I made a hasty exit from the tourney next hand.

Is there anything different i should have done? Or was this just a case of bad luck?

kamelion44
09-14-2004, 01:53 PM
It looks like you let sexism get in the way of your judgment...don't underestimate those girls. Looks like YOU were pretty pot-committed at this point too. I vote bad luck.