PDA

View Full Version : +1.5 Colts???

tarcards
09-14-2004, 12:46 PM
I was just wondering what you guys think about this line over the titans. I really like it and expect Payton to come out with a chip on his shoulder. What do u guys think??

NoChance
09-14-2004, 01:17 PM
My first thoughts are - I can't believe this line isn't at least 3.

In my opinion these teams are almost exact clones of each other. Both have similar high scoring offenses with MVP caliber QBs. Both have great running backs and receivers. yes, Brown is a great running back. Only difference I see in the offenses is McNair spreads it around more.

Defenses are also similar. I think both defenses are slightly better than average but not great.

The only reason I can think of for the line being less than 3 points is that Brown twisted his ankle last week. Otherwise, they should be at least 3 point favorites simply for being at home. And I don't think Tennessee played a very good game against Miami either. They will be better than they showed. Plus you have back to back road games for the Colts which also isn't easy.

Why is line any different than the Minnesota/Philly line? Philadelphia is favored by 3.5. Shouldn't Tennessee be about the same?