PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision

TheHip41
09-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Pacific Poker 3/6 (10 players)
UTG is a loose raiser. He's raised UTG with 22 and spiked a set. The rest are just fishy, as you will see with the cold calls

Hero has 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG+1

UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 players)

BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raised, 1 fold, MP2 calls, BB calls, UTG calls,

Turn: A /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero....

I really wasn't sure the best way to approach this

J.R.
09-14-2004, 01:03 PM
bets. UTG doesn't need a big ace or a pair bigger than your TT to raise UTG or to bet this raggedy flop, so bet the turn, there is a good chance you are ahead with a fishy opponents and a loose raiser and your hand is vulnerable to a J, Q or K. Not that you shouldn't bet with KK, but you should be less inclined to bet with KK than you would with TT becuase of your hands vulnerability.

The real trick is what do to if check-raised, or what to do on the river if all or 2 call. I'd probably fold to a check-raise/raise on the turn and bet the river if called on the turn, especially if the river is an undercard to your tens. If bet into on the river, especially if its an overcard to your tens, I'd fold.

But most importantly, bet this turn.

jujujaja34
09-14-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bets. UTG doesn't need a big ace or a pair bigger than your TT to raise UTG or to bet this raggedy flop, so bet the turn, there is a good chance you are ahead with a fishy opponents and a loose raiser and your hand is vulnerable to a J, Q or K. Not that you shouldn't bet with KK, but you should be less inclined to bet with KK than you would with TT becuase of your hands vulnerability.

The real trick is what do to if check-raised, or what to do on the river if all or 2 call. I'd probably fold to a check-raise/raise on the turn and bet the river if called on the turn, especially if the river is an undercard to your tens. If bet into on the river, especially if its an overcard to your tens, I'd fold.

But most importantly, bet this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

jujujaja34

Joe Tall
09-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Represent 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif as T /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif it's easier on the eyes.

3 opponents to the turn in a raised pot on preflop/flop, you are dead to that Ace.

Check the turn.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Aces McGee
09-14-2004, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then what? Fold the river?

-McGee

lil'
09-14-2004, 01:56 PM
I agree with JR here. I bet the turn. The pot is big, my opponents are bad players, and I am not giving up just yet. If you are raised, you have an easy fold.

Joe Tall
09-14-2004, 02:00 PM
And then what? Fold the river?

Hard to tell, there is no action. If there is a bet behind a check-raise or a bet and a raise, yes fold. IF there is a bet and overcall, you may be able to fold depending on who is betting/overcalling.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
I agree with JR here. I bet the turn. The pot is big, my opponents are bad players, and I am not giving up just yet. If you are raised, you have an easy fold.

Yes, he has an easy fold if raised. But with this many opponents after this much aggression, the likelyhood of an ace is high.

Granted, flopping trips when you hold a pocket pair does not come up often enough to make a big deal about it.

Peace,
Joe Tall

gamblore99
09-14-2004, 02:14 PM
big pot. fishy players. bet.
if your called I would check/call river.

Aces McGee
09-14-2004, 02:15 PM
I dunno, JT. I think you need to bet this turn if you're going to call one on the river.

In addition to what J.R. said, I think there's a small chance that you fold UTG's JJ-KK.

-McGee

lil'
09-14-2004, 02:18 PM
In addition to what J.R. said, I think there's a small chance that you fold UTG's JJ-KK.
You also wouldn't mind K-Q, Q-J, or K-J folding as well.

Aces McGee
09-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Right. I thought that was what JR said. If he didn't, then I agree with what lil said, too.

-McGee

spamuell
09-14-2004, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if your called I would check/call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be bad, they'll bet aces and check worse hands.

TheHip41
09-14-2004, 03:52 PM
For those that care. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I check the turn, and lo and behold, so did everyone else??

Ok, river 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, 2 callers. I show 3's full of T's, they both muck.

God I love Pacific and it's passiveness

And for info, when the ace hit, I was checking to see if a LP was going to bet at it, and to see if UTG would c/r. Once it got checked around I figured I had the best hand. I just didn't want to bet, and fold to a bluff raise, which these people LOVE to do.

Aces McGee
09-14-2004, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
God I love Pacific and it's passiveness

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I just didn't want to bet, and fold to a bluff raise, which these people LOVE to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

-McGee