PDA

View Full Version : Who likes this trade?

Beerfund
09-14-2004, 11:47 AM
In my fantasy league i was offered M. Faulk for Q. Griffin. Q was my 4th rnd pick and Faulk was his 1st, I also have fred taylor and dominick davis so i'm kinda leaning against it.

Easy E
09-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Educate a non-FFL participant. What would you gain by making this trade, that you're even considering it?

Besides your evaluation of Griffen vs. Faulk's potential stats, that is. What does the round they were drafted in have to do with anything?

Beerfund
09-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Not much really, except that it would be like me getting 2 1st rnd picks. F. talyor was my 1st pick and if i had faulk i would have 2 of the top 5 backs in the league in a 14 team FFL which is huge, in theory of course. what concerns me the most is the rams total offense, they put alot on faulk for the first 75 yards but out he go's when its time to put the ball in the endzone

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 01:37 PM
I would take that trade. Griffin's value would never be higher. He just faced the NFL's worst defense in prime time TV. Hes not going to produce like that every game. Additionally, I'd fear Tatum Bell stealing some carries as the year wears on.

The big knock on Faulk is that he is injury prone. But since you have depth at RB, you can plug others in if hes injures and enjoy his studliness while hes healthy.

Byrn
09-14-2004, 02:46 PM
If this is a keeper league, Griffin in the 4th round is great - so that would be a factor. If its not a keeper league, well its closer. I wouldn't make the trade - Faulk is injury prone, and Griffin looked great this week. Granted, there is some validity to the argument that his value will never be higher and that may be his best game all season - I still would not take the trade.

As far as having 2 first round picks - well once the draft is over, it doesn't matter anymore (outside of a keeper league). Player v. player I wouldn't make the trade - can you get a another position upgraded as well in a 2 players for 2 players trade??

Ask yourself this - you are in a headsup fantasy league with your buddy, each of you putting $1,000 in and winner takes all. You can only choose between Faulk and Griffin, and only the next 16 weeks count. Who do you take?

pudley4
09-14-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i had faulk i would have 2 of the top 5 backs in the league

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of these guys (Taylor/Faulk) is top 5.

Holmes, Tomlinson, Green, Alexander, Portis are all clearly better. James, McAllister, J Lewis are better. R Johnson, D Davis, Westbrook and Dillon are about on par.

I think Griffin will actually outproduce Faulk anyway.