PDA

View Full Version : KQ suited, scary flop

jah0550
09-14-2004, 11:43 AM
I am not sure if I played this hand correctly. Party $10-9 still left. Blinds are t30.
Hero(770)-on button K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG(730)
UTG limps, everyone else folds. Hero raises to 100. SB and BB fold. UTG calls.
Flop
A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG comes out and bets 200. Now what?

willie
09-14-2004, 11:54 AM
i smell bs, but i still fold this early.

plenty of time to make up ground when you are in better shape.

i really think he has 99 or tt though. it's not likely that an ace would bet out in this situation fearing at worst a gutshot draw. you'd think he'd check to the raiser then come over the top.

but nevertheless, i'd fold this and wait for another hand.

chill888
09-14-2004, 12:06 PM
I posted recently on KQs being perhaps the most overrated hands in NL. It just looks so pretty.

Personally, I'd limp preflop since so early in tourney or make a small raise ---> and run for the hills when the other guy showed strength post flop.

gl

jah0550
09-14-2004, 12:13 PM
I raised to 100. Is that too big of a raise? It's only 3 times the BB. I didn't really want a call, just trying to steal the blinds and the limper's bet. KQs is as overrated as AQo. I am starting to hate those two hands. Thanks for the input though

poboys
09-14-2004, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raised to 100. Is that too big of a raise? It's only 3 times the BB. I didn't really want a call, just trying to steal the blinds and the limper's bet. KQs is as overrated as AQo. I am starting to hate those two hands. Thanks for the input though

[/ QUOTE ]

I think one of the most overrated concepts in low buyin SnGs is a 3xBB raise early. For most $10 SnG players this does nothing but build a pot. Most beginning players don't think in terms of BB they think in terms of chips.

If you goal was to steal, then you should have raised a lot more than 3xBB. Even if he's a slightly competent player he'd realize you are giving him nice odds on a call. However, in a trigger-happy $10 SnG with one limper and a few to act, I don't care about the blinds--I'd want to see a flop for as cheap as possible and hope to take advantage of other people's loose play when the flop hits me hard.

And, I'd fold to his aggression.

Solitare
09-14-2004, 01:46 PM
And of course if you go by the 3xBB rule you should adjust for limpers, so a raise of T120 would be more in keeping with the 3xBB plus limpers guideline.

But I wouldn't be raising here this early in the one-table with a hand very vulnerable to domination.

MrX
09-14-2004, 02:21 PM
easy, fold the hand after the flop bet.

There was an under the gun limper here did you actually think you get UTG, SB and BB to fold for the preflop raise you made.

To me this is an easy hand to play at this stage, limp with this hand and hope to hit the flop hard.

MrX