PDA

View Full Version : its starting

mostsmooth
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
ive seen my first pair of unoriginal raymer wannabe glasses the other day at borg. they werent the snake eyes, they were skulls. anybody else seeing these unoriginal clowns yet?

mostsmooth
09-14-2004, 11:28 AM
(btw my post is in no way intended to be a slight to greg)

highlife
09-14-2004, 01:26 PM
i could be wrong...but i'm pretty sure fossilman wasnt the first person to wear hologram sunglasses at a poker table.

personally i think those glasses pretty lame whether you are greg raymer or some schmuck at a 1-2 NL game in atlantic city. greg seems like a great player and deserving of the WSOP title, but those glasses are just plain dorky.

mostsmooth
09-14-2004, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i could be wrong...but i'm pretty sure fossilman wasnt the first person to wear hologram sunglasses at a poker table.

personally i think those glasses pretty lame whether you are greg raymer or some schmuck at a 1-2 NL game in atlantic city. greg seems like a great player and deserving of the WSOP title, but those glasses are just plain dorky.

[/ QUOTE ]
greg was the first person ive seen wearing them at a poker table in my 20 odd years of playing, and then a couple weeks later i see somebody else. even if greg wasnt the first, i can guarantee the guy i saw was wearing them because he saw greg wearing them and thought he could be cool.
as far as the glasses go, i dont think dorky is the word, but to each his own i suppose.

highlife
09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
oh im sure it will get a few more dorks out there wearing them because of greg, but i've only been playing in legal poker rooms for 3 and a half years and ive seen them at least 4 or 5 times, and none in the last 6 months.

if i were greg i would start my own line of them, make some extra cash if people are really going to jump on some sort of hologram glasses bandwagon.

mostsmooth
09-14-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i were greg i would start my own line of them, make some extra cash if people are really going to jump on some sort of hologram glasses bandwagon.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was thinking of the very same thing, except if i was me, not greg.

highlife
09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
go for it, take a case of them next time you go to the Taj or Borg. im sure they wont mind!

Toonces
09-14-2004, 05:05 PM
I doubt people are wearing them because it makes them look cool or imitate Greg. The reason to wear them is that noone's going to be able to stare you down and concentrate at the same time.