Seat 10: Hero (3,604.50 in chips)

Hero: Post Small Blind (30)
BB : Post Big Blind (60)
Dealt to Hero [ T /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Dealt to Hero [ J /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Button: Fold
Hero: Call (30)
BB: Check
*** FLOP *** : [ J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Hero: Check
BB: Check
*** TURN *** : [ J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ J /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

Hero: Check
BB: Bet (200)
Hero: Raise (400)
BB: Raise (3,972)
Hero: Call All-in (3,144.50)

*** RIVER *** : [ J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

Results in white below

<font color="white"> *** SUMMARY ***
Pot: 7,209 |
Board: [ Js 9s 7s Jc 6s ]
BB bet 4,232, collected 7,836.50, net +3,604.50 (showed hand) [ 3s 4s ] (a flush, jack high)
Button didn't bet (folded)
Hero lost 3,604.50 (showed hand) [ Tc Jh ] (three of a kind,
jacks)
</font>

How could I have played this differently?
Should I have just pushed on TP, representing the flush as well?
I checked to the flush draw and he didn't bet out.
A club (which made my trips) fell on the turn and I went to trap mode. Only I was the one who was trapped.

Should I have laid down trips 3 handed when he went back all in? Or should I have made that first move?

So many things that could have gone wrong, and one did. Straight draw, flush draw.... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Comments?

chill888
09-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Personally I absolutely hate when 3 of the same suit come on board. After getting killed with trips and TPTK about a year ago, I now play these hands very differently and very carefully.

3 handed - I think you should have bet after the flop and given up if raised. If called alarms should have gone off. When trips arrived, maybe make a good size bet - but give up when all-in raised. No sense going broke here. there are SOOOO many hands you could lose to. Like another jack with better kicker, or a flush, or a flopped set that is now a full house.

At the VERY MINIMUM the guy has some outs, like a single A spades. You had to know you were beat when he put you all in. Calling +3000 chips is crazy. You will be beat here about a 100% of the time IMHO. Although I guess you have about a 20% chance of improving on the river.

FOLD, type nh and wait for next hand.

gl

koko2315
09-14-2004, 09:57 AM
I knew I was beat when I clicked the button...
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But I just didn't take my time to think. I went through it so fast.

Live &amp; Learn

chill888
09-14-2004, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I knew I was beat when I clicked the button...
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But I just didn't take my time to think. I went through it so fast.

Live &amp; Learn

[/ QUOTE ]

YEP. No biggie. One more thought: Even if he was bluffing (which I think would be sooooo unlikely) - it's no big deal.

You'd still have 3000 chips. No major harm done. Anyone can with AA, but it takes a some skill not to go broke with beaten trips.

gl

willie
09-14-2004, 12:10 PM
i'd probably smooth call instead of reraising on the turn, fully expecting to be behind.

if you boat up on the river then super, if not.....try to lose as few chips as possible.

RobGW
09-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Put yourself in his position. You checked raised him on a board with 3 spades, and the top card paired. This board looks just as scary to him as it does to you. Then he goes all in. He is not afraid of anything you have at this point. Trip J's are good but not that good on a board like this. With no spades in your hand I would probably let this one go since you have plenty of money left. This is probably one of the toughest things for me to learn too. To let go of the second best hand.