PDA

View Full Version : Anti-celebration rules are a joke

bernie
09-14-2004, 07:03 AM
I can understand if it delays the game, or is over excessive. Fine. But penalizing a college player for diving into the end-zone? (oklahoma game) It's insanity. What the hell is the big goddamned deal? Pretty soon you won't even be able to smile or it will be 5 yards assessed on the kick-off.

I think it's gone too far already. Let some of the college kids who will never make it to pro have a moment of expression. Who does it really hurt? The other team who's losing? Tough! Play a little better and you won't be such pussies that this would bother you enough to make a rule about it.

rant over.

Naw, it still pisses me off.

b

ddollevoet
09-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Thank Terrell Owens, Joe Horn and Chad Johnson.

Duke
09-14-2004, 11:51 AM
I think that the rules are ridiculous.

I guess I'm one of the few who honestly thought that the TO thing was clever and funny. And I wasn't laughing at the other team, either.

~D

benfranklin
09-14-2004, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm one of the few who honestly thought that the TO thing was clever and funny.
~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pathetic and juvenile. Look Mom, look at me!!! Look!!!!

Dominic
09-14-2004, 01:32 PM
In some regards I feel that TO or Joe Horn are entertaining...but I can't help but think back to my old football coach who used to tell us when we scored a touchdown (quoting some famous coach) "act like you've been there before."

bernie
09-14-2004, 02:04 PM
It was happening long before their little events. I don't really think they were all that bad anyways. What they did, didn't really delay the game. It wasn't like they did a 30 second dance in the endzone.

b

vulturesrow
09-14-2004, 02:14 PM
I used to be in that school of thought, but honestly, thats just no fun. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Look, the bottom line is that sports are entertaining. Say what you will, but the celebrations are usually entertaining and at the worst generate some buzz. Frankly, when people start getting all overwrought over endzone celebrations, they are getting too wrapped up in sports /images/graemlins/smile.gif And this is coming from a confirmed sports nut.

mmbt0ne
09-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Stupid penalties. Our (GT) celebration penalty against Clemson is case in point. We scored 2 touchdowns in the last 1:51 to win the game, and I'm more proud of my team for jumping up and down on the sidelines, rushing to the endzone, jumping into coaches' arms etc. than I would be had the just marched off and kicked the extra point like it was just another score. They're just kids, and I wouldn't want anyone to punish me over my joy for what was one of the best comebacks in our school's history. Luckily those 15 yds didn't hurt us, but still.

ddollevoet
09-14-2004, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the rules are ridiculous.

I guess I'm one of the few who honestly thought that the TO thing was clever and funny. And I wasn't laughing at the other team, either.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was funny when it happpened, but that is not the time and the place for that behavior. I would have benched him the rest of the game.

Duke
09-14-2004, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that is not the time and the place for that behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never make it my business to tell anyone else when they should tell a joke.

~D

bernie
09-15-2004, 01:35 AM
I agree completely. Who wants to sit and see a bunch of robots make a key play that wins, and just act like it happens every day. I think it was well worth the 15 yards.

b