PDA

View Full Version : Kerry shot a wounded teenager retreating from battle.

El Barto
09-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Kerry And The Killing (http://www.newscentral.tv/uploads/franchise/point/point-20040913.shtml)

KERRY AND THE KILLING

In his campaign book Massachusetts Senator John Kerry notes there was fine line between actions that merited a court martial or a medal. He reported that medals were given for questionable activities in order to boost morale.

This narrow distinction figures into the controversy that has raged for a several weeks regarding the Silver Star Kerry was awarded for killing a Vietnamese man.

For more than 30 years, Kerry has portrayed a heroic version of a life and death struggle -- of staring down a suspected guerilla who was about to fire upon Kerry's swift boat. It was kill. Or be killed. At least, that's the version Kerry tells.

Eyewitnesses offer a far different account. They allege Kerry shot a wounded teenager retreating from battle.

Kerry has made public, hundreds of pages of official Navy documents to bolster his many claims. Conspicuous by its absence is the official after action report of what actually happened that day. The after action report written by John Kerry, himself.

In an exclusive, The Point has obtained this document from U.S. Navy archives. The pertinent section reads:

"PCF 94 beached in center of ambush in front of small path when Viet Cong sprung up from bunker 10 feet from unit. Man ran with weapon towards hootch. Forward M-60 machine gunner wounded man in leg. Officer-in-charge, LTjg Kerry, jumped ashore and gave pursuit while other units saturated area with fire and beached placing assault parties ashore. Kerry chased VC inland behind hootch and shot him while he fled -- capturing one B-40 rocket launcher with round in chamber."

So there you have it. The official record written by John Kerry supports what the critics have alleged rather than the John Wayne Kerry version the Massachusetts liberal has been telling.

Death is a reality of war. Events occur that are not for the faint of heart. Yet, John Kerry's account of killing what turned out to really be a wounded man while he fled continues Kerry's pattern of lies, exaggerations and embellishments.

Killing a wounded man while he retreated from battle is not an action that most servicemen would brag about. But then again, most servicemen would not return home and attack the very country they were supposed to fight for.

And that's the Point.

I'm Mark Hyman.

http://www.newscentral.tv/thepoint/attachments/091404.jpg

eLROY
09-14-2004, 06:43 AM
If that commie dirtbag teenybopper were alive today, and I had the chance to do what John Kerry did, I'd kill him again. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GWB
09-14-2004, 11:58 AM
I am shocked! Is this true?

I will state that I personally have always honored and respected John Kerry's service to his country while in the Navy. Having served honorably myself, I know that you can be falsely attacked by political opponents who manufacture phony documents, so I will give Kerry the benefit of the doubt.

Cyrus
09-14-2004, 12:52 PM
I say! They should have shipped John Kerry to the most punishing, thankless, tiring, dangerous assignment post available in the United States armed forces, as the first step in punishing Kerry for shooting at the retreating enemy! The darn un-patriotic criminal.

..I have in mind, of course, the Air National Guard of Texas.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dominic
09-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Ummmm...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the job of a soldier to kill the enemy when given the chance?

What's he supossed to do, let the guy go because he's wounded so he can heal and return to fight another day and kill an American?

I don't think so.

These attacks on Kerry's service record are beneath contempt and most people in this country can see them for what they are - filthy, political mudslinging.

And I'm a Republican!

Daliman
09-14-2004, 06:39 PM
i didn't realize there were time outs on the battlefield.

Average age of american soldier in Vietnam:19

It was a war FULL of teenagers. Get a clue, Mark.

Amazing how with Abu Gharib in the headlines, the ONLY soldier the Republicans will impugn has 3 purple hearts, a bronze star, and VOLUNTEERED for active duty in Vietnam.

How Bush is still leading this is both an indictment on the american public at larrge, and unfortunately, Kerry's lack of charisma.

adios
09-14-2004, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
VOLUNTEERED for active duty in Vietnam

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, Kerry didn't volunteer for active duty in Vietnam. This comes from Kerry himself.