PDA

View Full Version : $55 NL Party hand, comments?

kamelion44
09-14-2004, 02:51 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed), no real read on Assclown.

MP1 (t3280)
Assclown (t1655)
CO (t1130)
Button (t2185)
SB (t375)
Hero (t780)
UTG (t595)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, Assclown calls t50, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t250</font>, MP2 calls t200, SB folds.

Flop: (t550) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t530 (All-In)</font>, Assclown calls t530.

Turn: (t1610) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1610) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1610

Comments? Check-folding on the flop seemed a little weak, although I DID still have plenty of time to make a comeback if I did fold. I thought he might even fold a better hand here behind my push, like JJ-KK, and certainly a live hand like two overcards (though of course wouldn't have minded a call from those either). Is PF action good? Does anybody check and see a flop here with TT, or raise smaller/bigger? I thought with two limpers, I'd be happy if they both folded to a 5 BB raise, or at least lose one and get heads up with weaker hand. But considering the competiton level and the stack sizes, I could have found a better spot for my money I'm sure...

chill888
09-14-2004, 07:47 AM
I'd limp preflop with 10 10 and get a look at the flop. Still early days. But there are lots of relatively recent posts on how to play 10 10 . Half the people play very slow (limping) preflop. Other half play very fast (all in) preflop.

Your 250 bet preflop puts you in trouble as you are (almost) pot committed. I think a better play is to bet a lot more or a lot less (as I said I would've limped and played it hard if no over cards flop).

willie
09-14-2004, 12:15 PM
all in or limp preflop basically.

your raise makes you committed, and it's hard to be afraid of one overcard on the flop.

you're sub 10 bb, so i'd probably put it in the middle hoping to either pick up the blinds or get a loose call.

i assume you got called by a suited ace and busted though.

Irieguy
09-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Interesting hand because it demonstrates one of the big differences between the $55's and the $33's.

I don't think you can play the hand the way you did with your chip count at either level. It's either push or limp, as the others said. At the $33 level (with similar chip ratios) I'd limp and then push on the flop if it came all undercards. If not, I'd get away from the hand and survive to the money. At the $55 level with those chip counts, I'd push pre-flop. With 7 players left, less than 20 BBs, a hand, and no enthusiasm from my opponents... I'm pushing.

Good situation to discuss and think about. Nice post.

Irieguy

kamelion44
09-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Yeah I talked about this hand with "thoughtful" for a long time last night, and he gave the exact same advice as you guys did. We eventually agreed on the check and check/fold or push if all undercards line of going, but Irie, your suggestion was the only other option considered, and it's interesting that you support pushing at the $55 level. In any case this discussion has made me feel alot more comfortable when this situation comes up again (as I'm sure it will). Great comments guys, appreciated.

kamelion44
09-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Hey guys. If I were a bigger stack, or had position, would that make a raise a possible play, or is it still a push or limp situation?

chill888
09-14-2004, 01:57 PM
go back a couple of weeks and see the long thread on playing 10 10 early in a tourney.

kamelion44
09-14-2004, 02:02 PM
K thanks.