PDA

View Full Version : Is that a good, bad, or nothing card for me?

sfer
09-14-2004, 02:11 AM
Live 5/10. Villain is tricky, aggressive, and thinking. I think he views me as the same. He will give up on unimproved overcards after the flop. I raise UTG with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. One fold to the villain who 3-bets. Folded to me and I cap. He calls.

Heads-up for 9.4 SBs. Flop is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, he calls.

Heads-up to the turn for 5.7 BBs. Turn is the 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, he raises. What's my plan?

bakku
09-14-2004, 02:15 AM
You can't win by folding, Dave.

bisonbison
09-14-2004, 02:18 AM
Dave, you can't win by folding.

ThePimpulator
09-14-2004, 02:32 AM
I think he knows he is behind and has to steal it. Maybe with a semi holding the Ah. Id reraise. If he caps, call and check/call the river. If he shows AA or JJ the standard play is to say "I thought you were on AK." One thing's for sure though, you can't win by folding.

BaronVonCP
09-14-2004, 02:38 AM
i wish i was cool

Garland
09-14-2004, 02:53 AM
At this point I'd call down. It's likely your nemesis has AA or JJ at this point. You're hoping he has something like the naked A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, AJ or QQ.

Because your opponent knows you have solid values for the UTG raise and your image, the likelihood that you're beat is good, but your hands is also too good to lay down.

Garland

bakku
09-14-2004, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i wish i was cool

[/ QUOTE ]

ok.

sfer
09-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Wendell never considered folding.

Noodles
09-14-2004, 09:34 AM
I would 3 bet the turn,what is he rasiing with,he cant have AK /images/graemlins/heart.gif would hardly 2 bet pf with AQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif or AJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif would he? Looks like AA or JJ are beating you,he could have TT or QQ too, i would 3 bet and see what he does,

You can win by folding if you have X-ray vision

MoreWineII
09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Wouldn't he be more aggressive on the flop with the flush draw? I think he's got the nekkid A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. 3-bet that shiz.

dejableu
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
My guess is he would not three-bet preflop with AT suited. Thus, in order for him to have the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, he must have AK, AQ suited, or AA. There are exactly 6 two-card combinations that give him that A of hearts. By contrast, he does not have the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif with 3 other AA combinations, 6 other AK, 6 QQ, 3 JJ, 6 TT, and 3 AQ suited. So, I see it as no better than 18 percent as to whether he has the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. For that reason, I think the 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the turn was a very good card for you.

If he had JJ and sucked out a set on the flop, or if he was in the lead with A/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif, you now have a much better chance of winning this pot. So I'm definitely sticking for the showdown. Your decision whether to raise or just call and then check-call the river depends on your read. Is he likely to have QQ, TT, or even AK and be making a play at this pot? You know better than us...

sfer
09-14-2004, 01:40 PM
I was committed to showdown on the turn. I didn't consider 3-betting the turn but I strongly considered stop n' going the river because he I thought he would try to push QQ/TT there for a free showdown whereas AA would have been an insta-raise on the flop. I'm not sure I like a turn 3-bet because he is capable of releasing a worse hand there.

The river blanked some black card. I checked and he checked behind. He had TT and MHIG.

MoreWineII
09-14-2004, 01:58 PM
http://www.anvari.org/db/cols/Chinese_Man_Photo_Shooting_Style/005.jpg

Chinese Photographer Stance Man, says, "Nice hand!"

MarkL444
09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He had TT and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

T /images/graemlins/heart.gif?

sfer
09-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Nope. Black TT.

turnipmonster
09-14-2004, 02:19 PM
do you cap with a big enough range preflop to make up for info leakage? against someone who can play a little I often will smooth call preflop, is that bad/good? I guess I don't cap with that many hands heads up so against certain players I think I'm better off not capping any.

if it's live and you smooth call, try saying "I just call". works great.

--turnipmonster

dejableu
09-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Your reasoning makes a lot of sense, and so does what he showed down. Congrats on a nice win.

RustedCorpse
09-15-2004, 05:01 AM
Do you ever post hands you lose? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Evan
09-15-2004, 05:03 AM
They're coming out of the woodwork at 5am

Malcom Reynolds
09-15-2004, 05:05 AM
It's only 2am here in California /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evan
09-15-2004, 05:06 AM
True, but he lives here in NY.

Nate tha' Great
09-15-2004, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do you cap with a big enough range preflop to make up for info leakage? against someone who can play a little I often will smooth call preflop, is that bad/good? I guess I don't cap with that many hands heads up so against certain players I think I'm better off not capping any.

if it's live and you smooth call, try saying "I just call". works great.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

In live games I think it's sometimes good to not cap with AA/KK in order to avoid info leakage and avoid frightening your opponents. At Party Poker, you can cap with just about anything and nobody will pay you much mind.

RustedCorpse
09-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Sfer's table antic's with T7s have moved me to a place of hate and spite, a place where sleep is forbidden.

RustedCorpse
09-15-2004, 06:43 AM
If you're still awake wanna grab breakfast? Or a beer?

Evan
09-15-2004, 06:45 AM
i'm up for breakfast and definitely for a beer

submariner
09-15-2004, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wanna grab breakfast? Or a beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference?