PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think of this play

em0909153
09-14-2004, 12:55 AM
I was playing in a single player tourney when this hand came out. There were 8 of us to start. Single Table. No ReBuys. There were 7 players left in the tourney. The Blinds were at 10/20 and we started with 1000. I was currently at 950 as I played tight early on against a collection of bad players. I was on the button and I was dealt Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG - Folds
UTG +1 (Perp) - Raises to 200
MP - Calls 200
MP - Folds
Dealer (Me) - Raises to 950 and his all in with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB - Folds
BB - Folds.

UTG+1 thinks for a while and calls my all-in which leaves him with 300 chips.
MP - Folds.
UTG+1 then shows 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I was way ahead in the hand

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Turn: Ace /images/graemlins/spade.gif
River: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Now what I don't get here is that the player with the 6's calling he knew he was way behind with a pocket pair as I wouldn't push with a low pocket pair, and I wouldn't have two unders. So it was either a coinflip or he was way behind in his mind. He put me on AK and yet he still called. First off the raise in UTG+1 for 200 (with blinds 10/20) was very questionable, then the call was more questionable that he put all his chips either on a race or total domination and you don't want to risk the most of your chips when you think its a race espcially when you have a good amount of chips. What is your opinion on the call and what would you do in the same situation.

zephyr
09-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Would you have posted this hand if your queens held up? Be very happy when players call here with 66, and focus your learning energy on more interesting hands.

Zephyr

RiverTheNuts
09-14-2004, 03:24 AM
yep... bad beat... if he doesnt think you have a pair then he should call... and since 8th wins as much as 4th, maybe he was willing to take a stand and get a lead early...

Not a terrible call by him, nothing you can do here besides curse the dealer..

I actually push my low pockets pretty hard, make draws pay to see those broadway cards... Id rather take down limps and blinds than get busted out on a coinflip ... and if I run into a higher PP, then theres not much you can do..

I think the important thing here is that 8th wins as much as 4th, and he got into a situation where he was getting about 5:3 on the rest of his money on something that he figures he is 50/50 on about 75% of the time, and dominated on about 25% of the time... I still call here if its not getting down to the money

Gramps
09-14-2004, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing in a single player tourney...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have folded your 6's to your reraise.