PDA

View Full Version : I suck at 2/4, part 2

SomethingClever
09-14-2004, 12:44 AM
One more.

Hand 1: Bet the turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.25 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BB.</font>

Fnord
09-14-2004, 01:10 AM
That flop sucks for you. The flop has a King, so your Queen over is bad. 2 of the 6 remaining Aces/Kings complete the flush and the field is so big that someone will likely find a reason to call you down.

I check the flop and have mixed feelings if I get a free card.

busguy
09-14-2004, 01:26 AM
That flop sucks. With six in, I tend to think it had to hit somebody. With 2 or 3 in, I bet the flop and turn, but in this case I would check/fold the flop.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif busguy

Fnord
09-14-2004, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With 2 or 3 in, I bet the flop and turn, but in this case I would check/fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

With three in, the muck is still looking pretty good. It depends on the chance they fold, if they're the type to call down with anything then I still take a pass here.

bisonbison
09-14-2004, 01:31 AM
this looks fine to me.

Garland
09-14-2004, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn?? I'd be hard-pressed to bet the flop. It's absolutely horrible with a K, 2 clubs and you hit nothing of it. With so many opponents, it's impossible to buy the pot with a single bet, and you open yourself up to a check-raise if someone has the K.

Check the flop, take a free turn card and pray for an A. That's probably your only saving grace. If they all check to you on the turn, then you can consider betting the turn and seeing if you can buy the pot as a double-sized bet should deter slim drawers.

Garland

Eihli
09-14-2004, 02:16 AM
Care to defend the flop bet? You won't buy the pot and don't clear up any important outs by betting. The only good thing that might come out of it is you are likely to have them check around on the turn and you'll get to see 2 cards for 1 small bet. But even then I don't see how it's worth it with the K and flush draw and this many opponents.

SomethingClever
09-14-2004, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Care to defend the flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay... it went check, check, check, check, and I was the preflop raiser. Only the button still had to act. I think I would have folded if someone bet in front of me.

Yes, I could be getting check/raised, but if I am, I'll fold.

Checking gives me very little chance at this pot.

The turn is basically another blank, and it was checked to me again. This is why I think I probably should have bet the turn. I will probably fold another one or two players, and the one or two that remain are probably on club draws.

I might've folded the guy that probably hit his straight on the river.