PDA

View Full Version : QJo please post with soul

Danenania
09-13-2004, 11:22 PM
MP1 is super fishy. Don't like how I played this one at all.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

jrobb83
09-13-2004, 11:29 PM
My first thought was raise pre flop. It this too loose?

I would play it the same way post flop unless you thought you could get him to bet the turn after you capped the flop.

What line do you like better?

Garland
09-13-2004, 11:29 PM
I like it. MP1 is likely to back off if you 4-bet the flop. You gain an extra small bet from him by playing this way. If he wants to tangle again on the turn, great!

That said, I would play it fast if there were any other players around.

Garland

Evan
09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
I don't understand what you don't like. You had the nuts the whole way. You bet and raised with a nice stop n go in the middle. I would say well played.

Danenania
09-13-2004, 11:36 PM
I was thinking that maybe I should have capped the flop because there were quite a few cards that could have come that a.) could kill my action or B.) could make me question a turn raise (i.e. any /images/graemlins/diamond.gif). However, it seems like my initial instincts were right while playing the hand. That's a good thing!