PDA

View Full Version : Why no Ultimate Bet Sng players here My results for first 70

jimswarthow
09-13-2004, 08:04 PM
I recently made my first foray into online Sng's. I am a cash game player in the B&M,s from 4-8 to 9-18 but have had to curtail my B7M play as I am getting my business going. I honed my NLHE & PLHE on Poker School online and have now turned a $25 buy in to $450 (a nice little Bankroll) In my first 44 $10 SNGs I have 13 wins and 5 second place. I have also won 3 out of 8 $20's with one second. I have 7 of 26 wins at the $5 level with 6 second place finshes. Just recently devoted all my time to the $10. I play mostly the 6 handed tables.
Couple of Questions
1. how come nobody here seems to play Ultimate Bet?
2. Early comments on my results
P.S. i built the bankroll by playing micro limit PLOHE and NLHE.

Nak
09-14-2004, 12:43 AM
I play at Ultimate Bet. I love MiniView. I think that there is more money to be made elsewhere, though.

Nak

jimswarthow
09-14-2004, 01:27 AM
you mean other sites dont have miniview/
Multi tabling must be difficult. I posted my results I know its a small sample but I think I will beat these SnG's over time
Thoughts Reccomendations

chill888
09-14-2004, 06:03 AM
Personally I quite like UB and played a lot there during their recent S&G bonus dollar promotion. It's a far better structure than Party.

But as I keep pointing out in emails to them: they don't provide tourney summaries - and getting hand histories is a real pain in the butt.

Without tourney summaries it is too much of a hassle to track results - especially the results of your opponents.

ChuckNorris
09-14-2004, 06:08 AM
At least Partypoker's software's table windows have a fixed size. It really sucks.

Phill S
09-14-2004, 06:09 AM
this is one of my biggest gripes about most sites. i have to buy a better damn monitor just to multi properly.

however i dont rate UBs miniview as highly as ladbrokes.

stars, party, everyone, if you guys ever listen, bring out your own miniview...

Phill

Gator
09-14-2004, 02:06 PM
I love UB - structure, mini view, sw. I sometimes play one party screen and one UB because one full size party and one UB miniview fit nicely (and I haven't figured out how to get two full size party screens on my monitor).

When doing this, I'm playing a Party SNG and UB ring game because I like to sit out on the ring game when it's down to three players.

That said, Party tournaments (for me $50 SNG's) start every ten seconds and I buy into the belief that the play on Party is softer.