PDA

View Full Version : Massive pf screwup leads to lucky win

Azrael_AOD
09-13-2004, 05:22 PM
$10 no-limit, $0.10 and $0.20 blinds. The game is 8-handed.

Preflop: ($0.30) Hero is SB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Villain (MP2) calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.20) Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check, planning to check-raise to protect my hand. It's checked around to the Villain, who bets $1.00. CO folds, Hero raises to $4.00. It's folded around to the Villain, who goes all-in immediately, reraising me about $16.00. He's a really weak player and was on tilt, AND I saw him make a similar play where he just had top pair and promptly lost to an overpair. I've got him covered by about $15.00 and I don't figure him for much so I call. Villain turns over Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif for top two-pair.

Turn: ($21.20) 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. No help.

River: ($21.20) 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I've got Kings-up /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Final pot $21.20. I take it down.

OK, I know I made a huge mistake preflop by not raising, so posters only need to comment on the flop play. Thanks guys, and feel free to rip me a new one if I made other mistakes besides the preflop one.

amoeba
09-13-2004, 05:26 PM
The plan to check raise is not good. Why don't you just bet out? This is NL so you can protect your hand by betting big unlike limit where you might check raise to force some people to call 2 cold.

They can't put you on KK when you limp preflop. They probably put you on Q medium kicker or something like that when you bet the flop.

The check on the flop is horrible in fact as you are giving those with say J10 a free card.