PDA

View Full Version : raise from button, gimme the blinds...RUH ROH

kamelion44
09-13-2004, 04:45 PM
What stack size and starting hand do you guys require to call when the standard 3 BB raise gets popped with a reraise from the blinds, late in the tourney? For example, I have 2600 chips, blinds are 100-200, I raise to 600, and the big blind has 1000 after he pays the blind and pushes. I have 55. What's the move? For this, assume that it's late in the tourney, say 4 handed. What if my hand were a little weaker/stronger, my stack a little smaller/bigger? I guess what I'm asking here is calling here a classic situation of + EV situations (many times I get shown K2s J8o or other such hands) that should be passed up when in a tournament scenario?

donny5k
09-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Wait so the pot is 1900 and you have to call 600 and you are thinking about folding 55? There's no way you should pass this up. If he had 2000 then you might/should probably fold.

patrick dicaprio
09-13-2004, 05:53 PM
i certainly would call here with 55 and a lot worse. it depends on whether your opponent will often defend his blinds, there are some players who will never fold to a button raise and will reraise often. if you have just stolen two or three times then you should be more likely to call. this is not a situation to be dealt with easily however and requires some careful thought before risking a lot of chips on a weak hand. one thinkg i will say is that ANY legit raising hand here should call.

Pat

SmileyEH
09-13-2004, 07:27 PM
With those stack sizes folding is criminal. One thing to think about is if both of the players to act after you are shortstacked (I would say < 7xBB pushing all in is the better play. This prevents them pulling a stop'n'go.

-SmileyEH